By Reading Rainbow
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TRY IT FREE and start reading today! Hosted by LeVar Burton, the reimagined Reading Rainbow App includes an unlimited library of books and video field trips to encourage your child’s love of reading.
• Curated digital library of over 400 fiction and non-fiction books
• More than 100 exclusive educational video field trips with host LeVar Burton
• New books and videos added every week
• Recommendations based on your child's age and interests
• Two modes of reading: Read to Me or Read by Myself
• Fun interactive animations in every book
• Games and rewards to motivate reading
• One subscription works for up to 5 children
• Sync reader profiles across multiple devices/platforms
• Spark family conversations as you track your child’s progress with the NEW Parent Dashboard
Children ages 3-9 explore worlds of reading to discover storybooks and learn about such topics as animals, friends, family, science, space, music, and more. Each book comes alive as children read-along with audio storytelling by spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and his hand selected group of actors. Plus, over 100 exclusive video field trips take children on adventures to visit fascinating people and places. Introduce your child to the fun of reading with Reading Rainbow – download it FREE.
WHY READING RAINBOW:
• The #1 Educational App that inspired the Kickstarter campaign to “Bring Reading Rainbow Back to Every Child, Everywhere”
• Over 20 million books read & video field trips enjoyed by children
• 5-star award-winning learning App recognized by Common Sense Media, Mom’s Choice, Dr. Toy and more
• Based on the beloved Emmy award-winning PBS TV series
HOW THE READING RAINBOW APP WORKS:
• Free to try, select up to 5 books and enjoy a sampling of educational video field trips.
• Subscribe and unlock an unlimited reading experience for your child: 1 Month “Explorer” for $9.99, 6 Months “Voyager” for $29.99 or 1 Year “Adventurer” for $49.99 (all subscriptions are reoccurring).
• Customized profiles for up to 5 children in a family, at no additional cost.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
"We've never before seen as diverse a library offered up" – Common Sense Media
“The vibrant games, beautiful illustrations, and cute animation all make for an interactive experience, but kids get hooked on reading books” – PC Mag
“The benefit to children's literacy development cannot be overlooked” – Smart Apps for Kids
“I love this app and I highly recommend it for children” - Wired Magazine’s GEEKMOM
What's New in Version 1.10.3
Thanks for your continued feedback! Here’s what’s new in our latest update:
• Stability enhancements and bug fixes
• Improved overall performance
Very good; should be gender neutral
First of all, this is a very good app for such an ironic mission: to get kids reading books on screens. The layout is great, options seem vast, and once the interface is a little more polished, it should be a real winner. However, as a parent of two girls, I was disappointed to see the host is a--surprise: white male! Also, it seems out of place in this day and age to make a child select their gender to experience reading. I understand the app wants to tailor the experience, but I think that can be done on age and interests alone.
Children have the choice between reading the story themselves or having it read to them which makes it great for older children as well as the younger ones. The only reason I gave this app 4 stars instead of 5 is because the text is not hightlighted as it is read. I think from an educational stand point highlighting the text would draw more attention to the text so children could see and hear the words simultaneously.
I'm beyond disappointed. I paid the $50 for this app largely because I believed I'd be able to access it from my desktop as well as my ipad. It doesn't work at all. Customer service, thought, quick to respond, was not helpful in fixing the problem. Instead, admitted that it was a "known issue" when the app is first purchased from the ipad. What?? I want my money back. Such a waste of money. If an app is going to cost that much money, it sure seems like the developers would do a better job at making sure it works as advertised. Seriously, how can I get a refund??