Ready to Print
By Essare LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn Handwriting Skills the Fun Way!
** Now available - Free downloadable companion worksheets -- Visit www.readytoprintapp.com to download **
Ready to Print was created by an Occupational Therapist with over twenty years of experience working with children. It is a comprehensive tool for parents, therapists and educators to help teach pre-writing skills to children in order to build a strong foundation for beginning printers.
We continue working to make Ready to Print the most complete writing development iPad app available, and continue to add new features.
Ready to Print progresses through the pre-writing skills in a specific order, so that children can master the visual-motor, visual-perceptual, and fine motor skills necessary for correct printing patterns. It is designed to teach children the correct patterns for printing, and to avoid bad habits that are difficult to change as the child gets older.
Now in version 3, Ready to Print features 194 separate levels in 13 activities. The latest addition is the Touch and Drag activity, which helps students work on movement in one of four specific directions.
- It provides activities for both pre-writing skills.
- It's designed with a progression of skills that work towards correct printing patterns.
- It allows you to change size settings to match each child’s skill level.
- It features a progression from larger hand movements to smaller, more refined movements.
- It lets you choose which activity and level to begin on.
- It allows setting up multiple user profiles, and remembers skill settings and tracks progress for each user.
- It allows you to send progress reports via e-mail directly from the app.
- It detects if you're using an iPad mini, and adjusts sensitivity automatically.
- Choose from either sound effects or new professionally performed voice prompts.
Ready to Print works on any iPad size. Requires iOS version 6 or higher.
TeachersWithApps.com TWA Pick
FunEducationalApps.com Top Pick
Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award
Apps for Children with Special Needs (A4CWSN.com) Featured App
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more professional reviews
Visit www.ReadyToPrintApp.com for more details!
What's New in Version 3.3.0
Thank you to all of our loyal users! We're happy to bring you this maintenance and feature update.
New in version 3.3.0:
- New optional animated star trail in paths and shapes activities. This will be on by default,
but you can turn it off in settings.
- Tracing lines are now slightly wider with a high-contrast edge to enhance visibility.
- In the Ordered Touch activity, inactive items are now displayed as shadows, and the active
item bounces faster. This aids in visual discrimination, helping the student identify
the next item more easily.
- Fixed a logic bug which was causing some on-off settings to not be remembered correctly
when accessing the settings function.
- If there is not sufficient space to save settings or progress on the device, a warning
will be displayed.
- Several other minor improvements and bug fixes, including up-to-date support for the latest
devices and software releases.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Feb 10, 2017
- Version: 3.3.0
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Essare LLC
- © 2012-2017 Essare LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.