Real Colors - color palette generator from photos includes cmyk and rgb schemes
By Makan Studios Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Used by 100.000+ creative people all over the world, Real Colors is the leading color palette generator from photos.
We help designers to get inspired from real life.
"A designer's must", Miguel Maria Colon del Rey, Product Designer, Barcelona
"Fantastic work", Gina Chacon, Digital Artist, Mexico
"Love it", Adam Bjurstrom, Freelance designer, Louisville
- Automatically generate harmonious color palettes (colour schemes) from photos using our unique algorithm
- Automatically generate the color spectrum from the photo
- Colors from the color palette (color scheme) can be easily edited
- Get detailed information about the colors (HEX, CMYK, RGB, HSB)
- Save color palettes in a library for future reference
- Export your color palettes (photo, color spectrum, HEX, CMYK, RGB and HSB color values)
- The CMYK values are calculated using US Web Coated (SWOP) v2
- Share your most beautiful color palettes
Real Colors is used by creatives all over the world for web design, interior design, colour matching for clothing and creating color themes.
We appreciate any kind of feedback that will make this product better. Send us your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 1.5
Bugfixes for iOS 7 compatibility
Great Concept, Didn't Translate Well
Great concept, didn't always work though. The first few pictures I used for palettes were spot on and the app perfectly chose colors, however, every photo I have used since has resulted in terrible palettes displaying mostly dark greens and browns even when photos have bright purples, reds, blues, and pinks. I have to edit each one with the CMYK sliders to get matching colors and that is a lot of extra work. I even upgraded to Pro to see if that would help, but it did not. I really hope this is improved as it has so much potential and could be a wonderful design tool.
Paid version isn't better than free one
The free app only gives you one color scheme and no real way to play with it. The paid version is supposedly more powerful but is really a waste of money. It claims to offer more color schemes but they don't actually work. What kind of color app can't find a complementary color?
Don't pay for PRO - it does not work
I paid for PRO as I needed the features it advertised it would do - i.e. complimentary, analogous, shades, etc. only to discover it does not work as all the other options besides "Real" are grayed out and unelectable.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 29, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Makan Studios Ltd.
- © 2013 Makan Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Real Colors Pro$2.99