Trulia helps you discover the perfect home AND neighborhood for your lifestyle to buy or rent. Get an authentic feel of what it’s like to live there with crowdsourced local insights, 34 neighborhood map overlays, and local stories and photos. Browse real-time MLS listings with robust search filters, easily plan open houses, and customize instant alerts to stay ahead of the real estate market.
*Trulia Real Estate Key Features:*
NEW! TRULIA NEIGHBORHOODS - neighborhood information, all in one place
• Tour the neighborhood with original photos, local stories, and drone footage
• Get a genuine feel of the neighborhood with the What Locals Say feature, ranging from whether people feel safe walking alone at night to if people decorate their homes for the holidays
• Browse 34 neighborhood heat overlay maps including crime, schools, price trends, amenities, and commute
REAL ESTATE LISTINGS - sourced from MLS databases
• Stay updated with 100M+ new listings and personalized recommendations that match your home searches
* NEW! Easily see what homes are available in your favorite school district
• View maps in normal, satellite or terrain mode
• Find any type of property, such as a condo, apartment, single family homes, or foreclosures
• Filter for specific house attributes such as number of bedrooms, pool, parking spots, lot size, etc
• Connect with highly rated agents to find a home you love
DETAILED HOME LISTINGS
• Browse beautiful photos of homes
• Calculate multiple commutes by different transportation modes
• Research schools in the neighborhood with trustworthy reviews from parents
• Leverage pricing info on recently sold homes to spot high-value properties
• Understand local LGBT non-discrimination laws for housing, employment, and public accommodations
HOUSE BUYING ALERTS - in real-time
• Be the first to know when there is a new MLS listing match, status change, or price drop
• Customize email and push notification alerts to manage information most relevant to you
OPEN HOMES SCHEDULING TOOL
• Plan and manage open houses with calendar sync and mapping directions
• Find and save open house suggestions
• Calculate the full cost of owning your dream home, taking into account: mortgage, interest rate, HOA, homeowners insurance, and property taxes
• Determine what you can afford based on your current financial situation
*Trulia Rentals Key Features:*
• Contact landlords and rental property managers on the go with just one click - it's that easy!
• Set yourself apart by easily applying with our rental resume
EASILY FIND APARTMENTS, CONDOS, & RENTAL PROPERTIES
• Discover diverse listings in a beautiful, intuitive way
• Check out floor plans and availabilities
FILTER BY TRANSIT &/OR PETS
• Find rentals near transit and calculate commutes
• Sort for properties by whether they allow cats or dogs
We love feedback and requests! Send us yours anytime at iPhone@trulia.com.
Oops! We found some bugs. So the neighborly thing to do was to make sure they were all squashed.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it and I don't
Like I'm sure others have said, you c ant clear recommended, and sometimes the recommendations are no where near what you're interested in, or can even afford (as much as I'd like to be able to afford a quarter million dollar home, throwing it in my face doesn't help :)). Another issue I have is the FEED. It started out being a good thing. But now, houses I've no interest in (maybe saved them at one point but are no longer) pop on and off the market DAILY, and fill the entire feed. There has to be away to report listings that are constantly on and off the market (possible fake listings) or at least remove them permanently. I don't want to see the same two houses 24 times on my feed jumping on and off he market.
However, the positives are that typically I find more houses on this app than I do others. I call them "Hidden" listings, because living in a woodsy and farmsy Midwestern state, a lot of listings in these areas don't get listed on other apps, from what I can tell at least. With the last update I thought it was easier to "unsave" listings, but with them popping up a hundred times in my feed, I'm not so sure it worked haha. I still use the app, just think it could be better. N
Since I’ve downloaded this app, initially looking for coastal retirement home in an area of the country I’m not terribly familiar with, I’ve lost days and days of my time. I open the app, I begin searching, and the next thing I know 10 hours have gone by and I want to keep looking! Searching for a home, naturally, takes a lot of time. But this app has allowed me to become so familiar with home trends in places I never thought to look that I’ve expanded my search to pretty much the entire country. I’ve tried other real estate listing searches and none of them compare to the information this app brings to my searching finger tips, on a whim.
The only reason why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 is because it does not allow my search to expand outside the USA. I mean if I’m looking for a coastal home, why wouldn’t I also consider the Caribbean, Mexico, South America? Why doesn’t Trulia provide those listings? Get to work folks!
I use this app on the daily to look at houses and have used this app to move into a home before. I like that it asks residents their opinions on the area they live in as well as information on parking, how festive the neighborhood is, etc., and that it shows the crime rate in the area of a particular house. It answers most of the questions you have for a realtor before your actual appointment with them! Well thought out and easy to navigate!
The only problem I have with this app is with the houses I have saved that are no longer available or off market. I can’t remove them from my saved list. I have tried over and over but I can’t get the houses to fall off of my saved list which is irritating because then my saved houses that are currently available get buried under houses that haven’t been available for months.
Other than that, I love the app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.