Real Solitaire for iPad
By EdgeRift, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Like Windows Solitaire? You'll love Real Solitaire® HD. Designed exclusively for iPad, Real Solitaire® offers stunning visuals, sounds, landscape and portrait support, along with features you won't find anywhere else.
STAY UP TO DATE:
- Like Real Solitaire on Facebook (facebook.com/realsolitaire)
- Follow Real Solitaire on Twitter (twitter.com/realsolitaire)
- Supports Retina display on the new iPad
- Klondike (choose from Draw 1 and Draw 3)
- Uses same card shuffling algorithm as Windows Solitaire to offer a truly authentic experience
- Supports all device orientations (portrait, portrait upside down, landscape left, and landscape right)
- Right-handed game mode
- Auto Complete finishes won games
- Intelligent hints
- Drag and drop cards
- Auto move cards by double tapping them
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Game auto save
- 3 Scoring Modes: None, Standard, and Vegas
- Timed mode
- Unlimited undo
- Record high scores and game statistics for both Standard and Vegas modes
- Built-in help with explanations for Klondike rules, scoring, and a strategy guide
- Choose from many beautiful wallpapers
- Rewarding win animation
- No interference with iPod audio
What's New in Version 2.9.8
- NEW! Redesigned Christmas 2015 theme is more realistic than ever with full retina screen support, new fir Christmas trees, and dramatically improved snowflake system. There are even secret surprises from Santa - can you find them?
- NEW! Updated Christmas 2015 card set.
- Fully supports iOS 9.2.
Thanks for making Real Solitaire a top downloaded iPad game. If you love the game, please tell your friends and consider writing a review. It would mean the world to us! From all of us at EdgeRift, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Great, solid, simple, pleasing solitaire
When I want to play solitaire, this is the absolute go-to. It’s really well designed, and well done.
I do wish that they’d separate all the holiday themes into free in-app purchases or something though - ever time a new one comes out I have to re-download the game, and it’s clocking in at 232 megs at this point. That’s huge, and I just *know* it’s largely for graphic resources I don’t care about. I just want green felt, regular cards.
I do appreciate that other people enjoy variety, and that’s great - but if it became free in-app purchases (or some other way separated from the core game), the core came could become so much lighter, and those of us interested in the game would never have to re-download that size, and not have to store it on our iPads.
The two things I would like? Make the cards more realistic or cleaner? I mean, they’re already good, but anything could be improved. I mean, if you’re improving your snowflake system… you could probably improve the cards.
About the only actual feature I think this is lacking is the ability to reset bank when doing Vegas style scoring. As it is you have to actually turn Vegas style scoring on, leave settings, and go back in and turn it back on.
BUT - notice I did give it 5 stars. These are all quibbles. It’s a solid game.
The older Free version of this game has been a fun go-to for us for a long time. So, I thought, we like it so much I should buy it to support the developer. Unfortunately, the paid version presents us with "Not Winnable" constantly - sometimes on the deal itself. And unlike the Free version where you could back up a step and figure out your correct move to continue, this version's algorithm often seems to be wrong because when you back up to where it's supposedly still winnable there is still no move you can make (including the Hint move) that doesn't cause "Not Winnable" to immediately appear. It used to be we could Win (with these prompts) 7 or 8 out of 10 games. Now it's more like 3, and even that can be painful. The game has gone from a fun time killer to an extremely frustrating one. Maybe this happened in an update?
This is the best solitaire app I've played!
The cards set up smoothly and respond easily to a tap, not so easy as to be a "runaway" problem though. Very easy to start a new game when needed.
Loved the Halloween background, just spooky enough to keep me smiling. I highly recommend this solitaire app! Also like the Christmas edition with Rudolph heading up the sleigh!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 18, 2015
- Version: 2.9.8
- Size: 243 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: EdgeRift, Inc.
- © 2015 EdgeRift, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.