By Virtual Speech Center Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Real Vocabulary app is a comprehensive and flexible language program for kindergarten-5th grade students targeting core curriculum vocabulary*.
The Real Vocabulary app includes over 1500 pictures and over 5000 pre-recorded audio. The pro version of the app and the All Words in - app program allow the users to add their own words, pictures and audio recordings, making therapy more individualized and allowing school speech therapists to add their own curriculum based vocabulary.
The Real Vocabulary app offers both receptive and expressive tasks in the following categories:
- Antonyms (Kindergarten – 1st grade, 2nd- 3rd grades, 4th – 5th grades with total of 300 antonyms)
- Synonyms (Kindergarten – 1st grade, 2nd- 3rd grades, 4th – 5th grades with total of 300 synonyms)
- Definitions (Kindergarten – 1st grade, 2nd- 3rd grades, 4th – 5th grades with total of 300 definitions)
- Multiple Meanings (Kindergarten – 1st grade, 2nd- 3rd grades, 4th – 5th grades with total of 300 multiple meanings)
- Idioms (Kindergarten – 1st grade, 2nd- 3rd grades, 4th – 5th grades with total of 300 idioms)
In the receptive task, the picture with word stimulus is displayed and the student matches one of the four words that matches the stimulus. (E.g. what is another word for accurate? A) Happy B) Late C) True D) Correct)
In the expressive task, the picture with word stimulus is displayed and the student states his answer verbally (E.g. what is another word for almost?)
The pro version of the app and the ALL words in- app program include all the above categories however each category can be purchased separately as well. The users can try the free light version of the app with a few examples of each category and activity.
Students will be motivated to learn and practice thousands of words since they will be rewarded with three different games:
-Catch the Dish
The Real Vocabulary app is easy to navigate and allows users to employ several tools to perform the following:
-add additional photos and audio recording
-enter multiple students
-save selected targets for the next session
-select alternate counts for multiple students
-enable or disable written picture descriptions
-enable or disable special effect sounds
-audio record users’ responses
-track correct and incorrect responses
-view reports in table and graphical forms
-e-mail results at the end of the game
Author: Jennifer Rogers, M.A. CCC-SLP
Developed by: Virtual Speech Center
What's New in Version 1.3
- ios 9 fixes
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 17, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 106 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Virtual Speech Center Inc.
- © Virtual Speech Center Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Words$29.99
- Multiple meanings : 4th-5th grades$3.99
- Multiple meanings : 2nd - 3rd grades$3.99
- Definitions : 4th-5th grades$3.99
- Definitions : Kindergarten - 1st grade$3.99
- Antonyms : 2nd - 3rd grades$3.99
- Definitions : 2nd - 3rd grades$3.99
- Antonyms Kindergarten – 1 st grade$3.99
- Idioms : 4th-5th grades$4.99
- Antonyms : 4th-5th grades$3.99