RealColor: Cognitive Color Identification for Pre-K using colors taken from your surroundings
By Aware Graphics LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
RealColor is a unique union of technology and its use in education. It uses the phone camera and the colors of our world to introduce children to colors.
*** Updated to include "white Select" option ***
A *Coloring book* that allows the colors to be picked up from around the surroundings, be it your back yard or grandma's dress.
- Pick color from around your world by a simple touch.
- Over 100 beautifully drawn pages to color.
- Save the colored pages to your photo library
- Color names spoken in a professionally recorded voice.
*Find color* challenges the child to find the colors indicated from around, making color identifying easier. Use it in your back yard or at the grocery stores, learning fun every where.
- Find the shown color from surrounding world.
- A Fun, seek game
- Takes the abstraction out and makes color understanding concrete for the kids.
- 3 levels designed to take the child to primary colors to secondary colors to tint and shade.
- Collect found colors.
- Keep the found color alive by finding it again.
*Mix color* lets them experiment by mixing colors from around them.
- Choose colors from your surrounding world to mix.
- An exciting educational game.
- Pour colored slimes over the character to create and see mixed colors.
- Collect mixed colors
- Touch the collected colors to see the two colors you mixed to make that color.
- Build your collections by finding and mixing colors
- RECORD YOUR OWN VOICE for the colors and make color learning happen in your own language.
- Keep learning as you refill the characters to keep them awake.
RealColor cound't exist anywhere else in time or on anyother platform other than mobile handheld devies that is it designed for. We hope that RealColor brings real learning and joy to your child.
What's New in Version 1.10
Add "white Select" option to handle different ambient lighting condition.
Bizarre and completely inappropriate for pre-K
I'm an early childhood educator and I always try out an app myself before using it with children. First of all, as an educated adult trying to navigate this app, I wasn't even entirely sure what I was meant to be doing with it. The directions are completely unclear and seem to be entirely irrelevant. (I was directed to tap on a white surface --there were none-- and then touch the shutter button to select my "ambient light"... Even if it were possible to complete the task I had no idea why I was being directed to do this) I could do nothing aside from randomly prodding at the screen, resulting in a child's voice incorrectly naming the colors that would fill in images of a weird, cockeyed blob thing or a crudely drawn image of a child. I seriously am so baffled as to why I was just subjected to someone else's acid trip, and moreover, why anyone would think I'd want to share the experience with small children.
What a fun way to learn about colors. We love this one!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 22, 2013
- Version: 1.10
- Size: 48.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Aware Graphics LLC
- © 2012 Anna S
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- RealColor Full version$0.99