realMYST for iOS - This is not your father’s Myst. Experience Myst in a way that’s closer to real than you’ve ever imagined - in realtime 3D and up close and personal on your iPad or iPhone. You've got to experience it to believe it!
Here are a few comments from realMyst players...
"Get this game!!!!!!!!!!"
"Best ipad game ever!"
"Better than the original"
"iPad was made for realMyst"
realMyst is all-things Myst, but amazingly more real. You can explore anywhere, unfettered, and in realtime! Pick your own path through the forest on Myst Island. Look lazily upward into the Channelwood Age trees. Relax next to the rippling fountain as the sun sets in the Selenitic Age. Spin around for a full panoramic tour of Sirrus’ throne room. Seek shelter from the thunderstorm in Stoneship Age.
And what could possibly make that experience even more real? Now you can have all of that on your iOS device with nothing between you and Myst but the touch of your finger - the sheerest of interfaces between you and the surrealistic island adventure that will become your world.
• realMyst is for the iPad 2 or iPhone 4s or newer
• All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
• Full Myst gameplay and interaction
• Dynamic environments - rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
• Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
• Simple navigation - touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
• Advanced navigation - run, move backward, invert look, & more
• “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
• Full Retina Display support on the new iPad
• "Bookmark" feature to save & restore progress
• Auto-save to insure you pick up where you left off
• realMyst Hint Guide - get past that one puzzle that's got you stumped
** iOS REQUIREMENTS: iOS 8.1 or later is required.
- Added iOS 11 compatibility
- Fixed a few small bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Great looking port but..
The port is great aside from the bug of not being able to exit the save menu any time you open it. On the IPhone 8+ when you go to exit by pulling down on the “close bar” at the top of the screen, it opens notifications instead. I have tried countless times to pull the tab down to get back into the screen but every time the notifications tab is summoned instead. Please look into this if you decide to update it again. Thank you.
Too much wandering
So disappointed. All that busy work, useless props. Figuring puzzles out is not rewarding. I gave up probably less than half way in. Walking around is tedious. Repeated tasks that aren’t fun. I love escape rooms and logic puzzles, but this is just plain annoying.
Incredible update to a classic
First - I don't understand why any negative reviews exist. This is an amazing update to an amazing game.
I bought Myst on the day it was first released in 1993, and immersed myself in the world for the next couple weeks. There were no hint guides, I had to figure everything out with a buddy who also got the game.
The puzzles were fun and challenging - all that is here! But now it's not point and click, it's pure FLUID movement through these beautifully-crafted ages. Ever wonder what's at the back end of the "potato ship" (as my young son called the rail vehicle in Selenitic)? You can go have a look. It's nice to be able to do that in a world many of us were immersed in so long ago.
There are a couple things I hope get updated... first, there are a couple places in the game that are extremely dark. It could bring your game to a complete standstill with the touch screen; the Mac version let you click your way out, but the touch screen gives no indication where you can go. Potentially a big problem. Second: it is awkward and difficult to have your finger blocking the screen while you play. This is not the best way to play IMO, a virtual joypad (user-defined) would be much better. I never use controls like this when I have another option, I hope Cyan fixes this in an update in case I want to play it again in the future.
But overall I still give it five stars. One of my fave games of all time...
- Cyan Worlds, Inc
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2012 by Cyan Worlds. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.