Reason Compact puts an amazing-sounding powerful synthesizer right at your fingertips. Go from download to downbeat in just 10 seconds with intuitive controls and helpful tutorials. Get started for free, then add new sounds and more controls only when you’re ready. Reason Compact is loaded with innovative tools like a smart keyboard so you never have to worry about hitting a wrong note—just make music and have fun!
• Create amazing synth sounds with Reason’s flagship Europa synthesizer
• Get inspired from presets made by world-class music producers
• Quickly create compositions with the smart keyboard, note grid and Chords tools
• Tweak your tone using powerful filters and built-in effects
• Connect Reason Compact to other music apps and collaborate
• Export your ideas and finalize them on your desktop with Reason 10
Get Started Quickly
• Intuitive tools to help you capture your creativity
• Press any key to make professional-sounding melodies with the smart keyboard
• Automatically create lush synth chords with a single key using the Chords tool
• Play rhythmic sequences with the touch of a button using the Arpeggiator
• Polish your performance to perfection using the note grid
• Start simple and unlock new features as you grow
Make Amazing Sounds and Melodies
• Reason Compact puts one of the world’s most powerful synths in your pocket
• Create synth sounds using 16 different types of waveforms
• Use the Shape controls to morph waveforms and transform your sound
• Make synths sound huge with the Unison effect
• Add depth and texture to your tracks using distortion, delay, and reverb effects
Connect and Collaborate
• Collaborate with others in real-time using Ableton Link
• Connect Reason Compact with other music apps using Audiobus or Inter-app Audio
• Get inspired and create music with others via Allihoopa
• Play with external MIDI keyboard, connect with a Camera Connection Adapter
• iOS 11
New from 1.2.1
• Easier to drop piece to Allihoopa - share your songs to an encouraging and inspiring community
• Bug fixed that could cause notes to get stuck
New from 1.2
• New sound pack with sounds inspired by the nature
• New sound pack with electronic components
• Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Propellerhead brings their incredible Reason software to iPhone and iPad, offering a powerful synthesizer in an accessible package. Create, record, and share beautiful melodies with automatic arpeggios, effects, and an expansive collection of sounds to get exactly what you’re looking for. The best part? If you make a mistake, you can correct and modify your work in the note grid!
GREAT synth.. now w/ MIDI input :)
This INCREDIBLE synth has been updated to support MIDI input 😎👍 That’s the power-up it needed to transform it into a most useful mobile music production tool. Time to dive in and explore the sonic landscape 😃📱🎹🎶
The Europa synth sounds fantastic on my iPhone!! It’s great that I can use it in AudioBus and that it supports Ableton Link. I also appreciate the ability to demo the advanced synth controls and settings, which work great and give a lot of tonal flexibility when it comes to sound design. However, I cannot bring myself to spend $9.99 on this fabulous synth’s advanced features because it does not support MIDI input. That is a must-have feature for me... and probably a lot of other iOS musicians, as well. Adding support for wired, network, and bluetooth MIDI input would be ideal for handling different live and recording workflows in iOS. Also being able to save user-created presets within the Sound Packs -> Select Sound part of the app would be very useful. Lastly, adding AUV3 support would allow iOS musicians to run multiple instance of the synth in a given workflow, making the synth a much more versatile tool for mobile music development. Please consider making these updates to turn this great synth into a powerhouse. IMHO, adding these features would elevate this synth to a 5 Star app.
Reason Compact should be a controller for Reason
Oh Propellerhead, what are you doing. No no no. I applaud you for giving up on Figure (although that app did have the simplicity down which is one of the things this lacks) but you’ve got it all wrong with this app. I’m not sure if the tech exists for this yet, but Reason Compact should simply be an instrument for Reason on a computer. You should be able to use it to make expressive sounds / performances that would be hard to do on the computer. Keep it extremely simple at first. You’ll perform on the computer and just use the app for tweaking sounds, recording automation etc.
The problem with these mobile music apps is that you end up looping what you’re making over and over and over again, and you just get sick of listening to it very quickly. I would never, in a million years, make anything I could release, with this app.
It needs to be a useable, indispensable instrument for Reason first. Maybe much later it can turn into a sequencer.
One more thing. I used the app long enough to become annoyed by having to keep tapping Demo every time I swiped to another page of the controls. Let me demo the thing or not. Don’t keep reminding me I’m using a demo. Doesn’t make me want to buy it.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Propellerhead Software AB
- 200.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Propellerhead Software AB
- In-App Purchases
- Europa Synth $9.99
- Ambient Dream $0.99
- Grimey UKbass $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.