Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville
By Northway Games Corp.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
It's been a few years since the zombpocalypse turned the world's cities into graveyards and sent the few survivors into hiding. Now you must gather them up and restore civilization to a ruined city, one building at a time.
Rebuild 3 is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
This sequel to the "unputdownable" Rebuild Mobile (aka Rebuild 2) is much MUCH bigger. Just check out these features:
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual skills, perks, relationships, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
- Strategic fort defense and interactive attacks
- Play in either real-time or turn-based mode
- 5 skills: defense, leadership, scavenging, building, engineering
- 10 resources and one-use items to find or craft
- 30 missions: scavenge for food, kill zombies, farm, fish, trade, bartend...
- 35 node research tree
- 50 building types with unique uses and/or scavengeable resources
- 70 types of equipment to find
- 100 survivor perks: Melee Training, Green Thumb, Light Sleeper...
- 200,000 words of event text - enough to fill two novels
What's New in Version 1.6.18
Disposables (traps, bombs, medkits etc) can be placed multiple times more quickly now
Added passive effects to faction friend perks (+10% to respect increases, +1% respect/turn when low)
Fixed wording on Stranger Danger options
Fixed survivors losing Devout trait at start of game from no churches
Fixed rotten survivors being disease vectors
Fixed viewing cheevos
Great game, difficulty really ramps from easy to medium and so on.
I like that survivor happiness, friendships, and preferences are factored in, although sometimes the reasons for low happiness can be a bit annoying and impossible to really compensate for(fort was better when it was small, zed will always be out, there aren't enough places to get a stiff drink....yet you will have 9 or ten bars being tended).
Interacting with factions and dealing with waves of zombies can be frustrating st higher difficulties, but more than adds to the tension.
It took waaayyy longer than I expected, but unlocking all the endings is a real slog, bordering on tedious. I don't mind exploration and attention to detail, but having RNG controlled events with zero indicators that it may or may not be important, but ultimately will rule out a specific ending is fairly annoying. I grew up in the Nintendo/Atari era, I can appreciate difficulty, steep learning curves, focus on exploration, and not getting your hand held...just having a chain of random events with absurdly specific requirements that sound like all the made up stuff people post about bringing Aeris back to life in FF7 is disappointing.
All in all, it's a great game, absolutely worth checking out.
It is hard sometimes but I eventually catch on
The game on computer was good, having it on iOS is amazing!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 04, 2017
- Version: 1.6.18
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Northway Games Corp.
- © 2014 Sarah Northway
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.