Recce is a fast, beautiful, and fun way to explore London and everything that is going on in your immediate environment. From great coffee shops and hip bars, to planning the fastest way to get around town, Recce’s unique approach makes every day activities fun and engaging.
• A super-fast, fully interactive and immersive 3D way to discover the most popular and vibrant parts of London.
• Built-in GPS and Compass functionality to quickly locate yourself, and discover the most interesting things in your immediate surroundings.
• Available both on-line and off-line with rich and relevant information.
• Take a quick tour and explore London’s finest landmarks, from the classics such as Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace & Big Ben to the modern additions such as The Shard, Gherkin, and Olympic Park.
Recce has been replaced by WRLD, install the new WRLD app to get:
• Improved Map coverage, now including Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy & Bangkok
• Build and publish your own 3D maps and content with Map Designer at wrld3d.com
• New, intuitive and simpler User Interface
• Crisper, more legible map labels and information
• Many more map styles supported in Map Designer
• Improved search and extensible, flexible tagging
• Many more Indoor Maps globally
• Improved compass and positioning controls
• Support for Senion and IndoorAtlas Indoor Positioning
• Optimised application startup
• Create your own app! WRLD is Open Source at https://github.com/wrld3d/wrld-example-app/
• Recce is now called WRLD
• Framerate increase to 60fps on high end iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
I can't believe it's free
this app really WOWs me. looks absolutely fantastic on my new iPad's retina display. the 3D rendering is awesome!!! it even has cars ang planes roaming around. there's so much to discover, but it still has some drawbacks. from the description, one of its main uses is for travel, but why on earth didn't they include the Heathrow airport and other airports? I know that I still have so many other options like google earth and the like, but including the airports in this app makes it one of the best travel apps for london on the app store.
I am also requesting for other major cities like New York, LA, San Francisco, Paris, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Manila.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
The most amazing map
Recce is a jaw-dropping way to explore London. You may think you've seen 3D maps but you haven't seen anything like this. You can search for things cafes or restaurants, save the locations you care about and then Recce will show a route to get there (It'll even update you on a Tube line's status or tell you if there's a nearby Boris Bike available!). This is a must-have app for the Olympics!
Must have for London!
Just wonderful. Worked on my iPad Wi-Fi wherever I had a signal, even on train to Harry Potter studio tour. Used it often to locate places and figure directions. If you're going to London, download before you leave and enter planned stops. A real time saver!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.