Recce is a fast, beautiful, and fun way to explore San Francisco and everything that is going on in your immediate environment. From great coffee shops and hip bars, to cool art galleries and theatres, Recce’s unique approach makes discovering and exploring the city fun and engaging.
• Now including indoor maps by Micello & tours by Guidekick.
• A Super-fast, fully interactive and immersive 3D way to discover the most popular and vibrant parts of San Francisco.
• Built-in GPS and Compass functionality to quickly locate yourself, and discover the most interesting things in your immediate surroundings.
• Available both on-line and off-line with rich and relevant information.
• Take a quick tour and explore San Francisco’s finest landmarks, such as Home of the SF Giants, Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, The Ferry Building, Transamerica Pyramid, & Fisherman's Wharf.
• Check out Golden Gate Park, Pier 39 and AT&T Park to explore the best locations around those areas.
Recce has been replaced by WRLD, install the new WRLD app to get:
• Improved Map coverage, now including Scandinavia, Ireland, Italy & Bangkok
• Build and publish your own 3D maps and content with Map Designer at wrld3d.com
• New, intuitive and simpler User Interface
• Crisper, more legible map labels and information
• Many more map styles supported in Map Designer
• Improved search and extensible, flexible tagging
• Many more Indoor Maps globally
• Improved compass and positioning controls
• Support for Senion and IndoorAtlas Indoor Positioning
• Optimised application startup
• Create your own app! WRLD is Open Source at https://github.com/wrld3d/wrld-example-app/
• Recce is now called WRLD
• Framerate increase to 60fps on high end iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
First I wanted to say this app is absolutely amazing. I love the street noise in the background and that's the first wow to me when using the app for the first time. And the second wow is the 3d cartoon style map and the running cars on the street. Did you guys achieve this by openGL or something? Really curious to know. And I love it that the custom pins on the map all have different sizes.
One problem tho is the app crashes quite a bit. Way to duplicate this: tap on search button->tap on offers in the tableview(I suppose its a tableview?)->crash. And also, you need to disable user interaction or do something when the tableview is expanding, because, if I tap anywhere in the tableview while its expanding, the app crashes.
In general, good job!
What a comeback
I had the original Recce app which quit working when I Bought my IPad Air2. I felt I had lost something vital and important, something new and fresh. Well the disappointment has gone now. Recce is like sim city without the stress and confusion plus it's about my neighborhood, my landmarks. It's a new way to experience my World.
This app is just absolutely amazing! THOUGH... It'd be even MORE fabulous if it was just a little bit more updated and showed China Town. Other than that, I would've paid for this app. Great job!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.