Document management with automatic recognition of values and assignments.
Ideal for business and personal taxes, accounting and expenses. Detailed information on the current financial situation. The data is stored locally, which guarantees high confidentiality.
- Processes PDF, email, web pages, scans and images
- Automatic recognition of amount, date, currency and more
- Integrated fast text recognition (OCR) with support for over 100 languages
- Folders can be monitored and documents can be imported automatically
- Supports all scanners, especially ScanSnap
- Extensive evaluations according to various criteria and time periods
- Numerous software integrations facilitate the work:
- Direct payment of the invoice with the recognized values via MoneyMoney, iFinance, BankX and SEPA
- Import of outgoing invoices via GrandTotal
- Automatic processing through filter rules from Apple Mail and other email applications
- Extensive export and reporting functions to Microsoft Excel and other formats
- Automatic currency conversion according to daily exchange rates
- Extensive search and filter
- Detection of duplicates
- iOS integration via proven document scanner apps such as Scannable, Dropbox and others
A trial version is available at receipts-app.com
Ratings and Reviews
OCR could be better, but otherwise, it’s wonderful!
I like that you don’t have to outsource your receipts, so there’s better confidentiality. The OCR misses occasional numbers in faintly-printed receipts, but once that hurdle is overcome, it’s exactly what I was looking for in a receipt management application.
Totally Worth It
I really hesitated spending the money on this app. I needed an app that could help me catalog personal and household statements and receipts that wasn't overkill and didn't require a lot of upkeep and maintenance from me.
I didn't need a business-class accounting application (like Quicken or Quickbooks); I didn't want a budgeting app or an app that tracks my expenses so that I can submit an expense report. I wanted a database for my statements and receipts -- and apparently there are very few apps that fit this description.
I've used Evernote, OneNote, Airtable, DevonTHINK, and other personal database apps over the years. Some of them have worked better than others, (and some of them I still use for other things because they're great apps), but none of these were purpose-built for what I was looking for.
I recently started looking again and almost decided to buy Paperless by Mariner... but I've never liked Mariner's interface design, and some of the features in their apps feel a little tacked on. I was about to go back to just scanning my docs into a folder when I stumbled on Receipts.
1 review, no stars, and developed by an indy developer, it was really difficult to take the plunge and rop $50 dollars on Receipts. But I'm really glad I did.
This app is terrific. It lets you drag-and-drop stacks of documents and then does its thing. It smartly queues up newly-imported documents as "Unconfirmed" because OCR isn't perfect and it's a smart practice to give it a look over for accuracy anyways. It supports importing non-documents too such as web pages, emails, and images, and it converts everything to PDFs so that you end up with a standardized set of documents.
I was a little concerned at first because the "Contacts," "Categories," and "Tags" can't be manually sorted. However, it does keep them sorted alphabetically, and that works for me.
All-in-all, this is a really well-designed, really well-developed app! I hope enough people are buying it to support the developer and future enhancements!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.