Receptive Language Assessment with Splingo
By The Speech And Language Store LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An essential professional tool from the authors of the highly successful Splingo app series.
Developed by experienced Speech and Language Pathologists/Therapists to assess language comprehension skills from Preschool level upwards, the Receptive Language Assessment is the first and only of its kind.
The assessment is fully customizable to meet your student’s or client’s needs. We recommend the Receptive Language Assessment is used on an iPad, but have also made it available for iPod touch and iPhone users.
• Assess a variety of word/sentence types at 4 increasing levels of complexity
• Generate clear, professional reports at the touch of a button and print via email for intervention planning and inclusion in client’s records
• Create multiple client profiles including thumbnail photos
• Select US or UK vocabulary options
• Select US or UK audio options
• Real voice (not synthesized)
• Save an assessment part-way through and return at a later date
• Select start and end point based on your clients language levels
• Trial items to allow the student/client to become familiar with the assessment format
• Include/exclude reward system featuring our entertaining alien, Splingo
• Include/exclude the written sentence to assist comprehension, or for use as a reading comprehension assessment
A variety of word and sentence types at four different levels of complexity:
• 1 main word – object nouns, person nouns, location nouns, verbs, prepositions, size adjectives, color adjectives and attribute adjectives
• 2 main words – seven different sentence types e.g. object-person, adjective-object etc
• 3 main words – seven different sentence types, e.g. adjective-object-location, person-action-location etc
• 4 main words – seven different sentence types, e.g. object-preposition-adjective-location, person-action-preposition-location
Lighten your load and make heavy awkward paper-based assessments a thing of the past. Capitalize on children’s natural fascination with technology and engage them in fun, motivating language assessments whilst getting the language results you need!
NB The Receptive Language Assessment is designed to be used by SLPs/SLTs, teachers, Psychologists and other professionals qualified in child development/teaching.
At the Speech and Language Store we take your privacy seriously. As parents ourselves, the safety of children online (and any everywhere else!) is extremely important to us.
We do not collect personally identifiable information within our apps (for example first and last name, address etc). Identifiers from your device are only collected for internal usage to help improve app design and performance. For example information is collected on app crashes, number of installs (sales) and app usage time. This is collected through a third party provider; Flurry which is part of Yahoo (https://developer.yahoo.com/analytics/). The restricted version of Flurry Analytics ("Flurry") is used. We do not track any more information than is necessary to improve the quality of our apps and services. The information collected by the third party provider is used solely by us and not shared with anyone else.
None of our apps contain In App Purchases
Our apps do not use or collect a user’s geographic location.
Our apps do not contain Social Network Integration
Our apps do not contain any advertising banners.
Our apps may contain links to our website and Facebook/Twitter pages.
These links are found on a contained, adult-targeted settings screen separate from game play screens, and are for parents/professionals to find out more about our apps. In our newer apps these links are behind a parental gate, which requires the user to follow a written instruction to gain access. We are currently in the process of updating our existing apps to include this feature.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Fix for problems running on iOS 7.0
Pre or post test for lang universe. lacks detail info.
If you are familiar with splingos language universe this assessment uses similar commands and would be an good assessment to pre and post test for that app. and the concepts targeted in that app. It's greatest flaw is that results are described only based on percentage correct of 1,2,3, and 4 key word directions. It ought to breakdown the results into specific concepts such as possessive-s, Locatives, syntax etc. You will need to make quick notes of performance on individual skills as you assess. if that major flaw were remedied it would be a much more useful assessment and I would give it 5 stars.
The other compliant I have have about splingos language universe as well as this app is that they need to more clearly picture what objects go with certain individuals so that possession is clearer for the child.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 10, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 89.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Speech And Language Store LLP
- © The Speech And Language Store
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.