Recipe, Menu & Cooking Planner
By Pepperplate Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your iPad cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
What's New in Version 2.7
- Facebook Login
- Optimized for iOS 7
- Fixed IOS 7 crashing issues
- Grid view in iPad Recipe list
- Global ingredient search
If I could give this 10 stars I would. It syncs between my computer my iPad and iPhone. It's user friendly - for recipes, some import (like Food Network), some don't (you can copy/paste and pull in photos) and you can add your own. The calendar/menu planner links to the recipes or I can just add non-recipe items.
It has a very clean interface.
This is what I will be using for recipes and planning from now on. It's very we'll done and I'm amazed it's so good. I will rate by stars, but rarely review and I have never written anything this detailed.
Oh! It also links to websites. Some recipes have videos. After adding the name and URL (if it does not just import), click on the source on the finished recipe.
Weirdly Simple Fixes Remain Untouched
Look I like this app, and I believe it's the best of its kind, but there are some really obvious things that they haven't added in any recent updates. For example why can't I import a recipe in the App? Also on the calendar function,why can't I reorder the recipes? They go in as the order I added them, not as a a chronology. That is strange, but you can't open up any of the days, nor link to your recipes. That would make this app so much more useful and seems mind bogglingly simple to do. I'm a nanny and I would love to be able to make recurring schedules like, every 3rd Tuesday Joe and Jane eat this spinach dip with fresh veggies for lunch, but as it stands I can't really use this calendar for anything.
Make it more like HAL
I love this app with most of my heart, I just wish I could teach it certain items for the shopping list. I am a professional chef, and I use this every week to create shopping lists. My only beef is the organizing of the shopping lists, I wish that it would learn your items instead of me having to move bok choi from "unsorted" to "produce" Every. Single. Week.
Same with dog food, cat food, and salmon. Seems pretty basic that those would automatically be sorted, but no. I just got an ipad, so I'm looking forward to using the multiple timers!
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pepperplate Inc.
- © 2013 Pepperplate Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.