Recipe, Menu & Cooking Planner
By Pepperplate Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pepperplate is the only app for serious cooks - it has all the tools you need to cook weeknight dinners or host a dinner party for 12. Manage your recipes, create menus, shop with ease and cook like a pro.
* Seamlessly manage your recipes, menus and shopping lists on the web, iPad and iPhone.
* Take your iPhone or iPad into the kitchen and cook your whole menu with multiple cooking timers.
* Create recipes on the iPad and iPhone or make changes to existing recipes.
* Share your favorite recipes with friends and family via Email, Facebook and Twitter.
* Import recipes from your favorite sites and add your own from cookbooks, magazines or old family recipes.
* Combine recipes into menus for dinner parties or holiday meal planning.
* Organize your meals for the week or month by adding menus and recipes to the schedule.
* Add to your shopping list and it automatically syncs to your iPad, iPhone, iPod and Pepperplate.com.
* Organize your shopping to automatically match the way you shop in the grocery store.
* Create your own unlimited categories to organize your recipe collection.
* Your collection synchronizes from the website to the iPad and iPhone and is backed up without connecting to a computer.
* Take your entire collection with you to the grocery store or while traveling, no internet connection required.
* Manage your cooking timers over wifi away from the kitchen on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
* Login with Facebook or your free Pepperplate account
What's New in Version 2.8
Import recipes directly from the browser on your iPhone or iPad
Facebook login improvements
Support for iOS 9
Great app! And free!
This is my first time leaving a review, this app is amazing. Syncs perfectly and works really well. Love the meal planning and shopping list features, as well as the built in timer while cooking a recipe. My one slight change I'd like to see to the app would be to filter by multiple categories. If I want to look for an entree that's vegetarian, I want to be able to click those two filter and come up with vegetarian entrees, not all the entrees and all the vegetarian options I have. I could work around and make a vegetarian entree category, but I have lots of recipes that could be made with meat or vegetarian, and it's easier to label it separately. Other than that, the app is perfect. I'm obsessed with it!
Could be SO great...
This app is just about everything I've been looking for... But it's just a little behind the times. MyFitnessPal has the right idea with their recipe importing features: you can add a URL that will find the ingredients for you. Yes, PepperPlate has that ability but it's just not robust enough to really be useful. It should have a database of recipes that I can search through to curate my own cookbook, so to speak, instead of relying on me to first input ALL of my recipes manually, then build out grocery lists by hand. Because otherwise it's no better than a notebook where I can write down all my recipes for the week and write a grocery list. This app just doesn't enhance my experience enough to be worthy of taking up space on my phone. It's nice, but for now I give it a one.
Beautiful Recipe App
I love the way Pepperplate displays the recipes. The app is super-easy to use. I love being able to import recipes from some sites (using a browser, not the app), though I wish it worked with more sites. Overall, it's a great app that usually works consistently. There was a crashing problem after the iOS 9 update, but it was fixed within a few days (and I was able to access my recipes through Safari in the meantime).