Eliminate those stacks of cookbooks and recipe organizers from your kitchen when you store your favorite recipes in the OrganizEat Recipe Organizer. This handy app lets you keep all your favorite recipes organized right on your iPhone. Use this app to keep Grandma's secret recipes stored, or use it to organize your own custom recipes. Simply snap a photo of your recipe and it's ready for you to view. The app keeps your recipes organized by category, and you can tag each dish for easy searching. Share your recipes with friends by email, text messages or social media.
· Enter each recipe into the app by snapping a photo - no need to type!
· Save recipes from the web automatically - more than 150 popular sites supported!
· You can also type the recipe, if you wish. Sometimes its easier that way :)
· Shopping List: add recipes ingredients to your grocery list with a single tap!
· Meal Planner: plan your meals for the entire month, and generate a list!
· Beautiful skins - an app that is beautiful enough to feel like a home for the recipes you want to keep and pass down
· iPhone and iPad apps all in one
· Backup your recipes and sync them across all your devices!
· Organize every recipe by folders
· Customize folders to suit your needs
· Add searchable tags to easily find your favorite dish. Multiple tags search is also supported!
· Perform index searches for recipes based on keywords or tags
· View your recipes full screen while cooking - and the screen will not turn off - so there is no need to touch the screen with greasy hands!
· Add your own pictures to each recipe
· Email recipes to friends and family**
· Share recipes with other app users by a single click!
· Add notes and tags to organize better
** We don't mean the iTunes Family Sharing, which we do not support at the moment
Note: this free app has all the features unlocked, to allow you a complete trial experience with all the functionalities. The free app is restricted to only 20 recipes. In order to keep using the app beyond this limit, annual or monthly subscription is required.
We are constantly working to improve our OrganizEat app, to make recipe management, cooking and meal planning simple.
- In this version, we implemented the Multiple Folders choice : now you can save a recipe in more than one folder!
- We improved the ingredients import from many websites: getting rid of all the unnecessary new line characters which made the import results messy and hard to follow.
- Some small UI improvements
- We also fixed a few bugs that still managed to crawl in.
Enjoy using OrganizEat, and we hope our app helps your whole family to keep your recipes in perfect order, and be even more efficient in the kitchen. We thank you all our users, for letting us know what YOU want to have in the app. Keep that feedback coming!
Ratings and Reviews
App is great, sales model not so much
I've had the free version of the app for a few weeks and have had great success with it. But when I considered buying the $20 full version versus the $4 yearly subscription, the subscription clearly seemed like the way to go, since there aren't many apps I can say I've used for at least 5 years. But you can only buy the $20 version through the App Store; the $4 version you buy through the app by putting in your iTunes password. That's basically like me saying, "I'll give you $16 in exchange for a password linked to your credit card!" Nice app and all, but I don't trust you that much! So do everyone a solid and make the subscription available for purchase through iTunes, mmkay?
Other than that, love the app. My only suggested changes would be to let you record when you've made a recipe and give it reviews so you can remember how much you liked it/if you would change anything the next time you made it. (Of course you could type that into the Notes field but an actual rating system would be better.)
Thank you for leaving such a detailed review. So glad to hear you like the app! About the payment model, we think there is a confusion here, that we would like to correct. The yearly subscription purchase of the Full Version is managed by the iTunes Appstore, not by us. It is an in-app purchase, and the mechanism for it works the same as with any in-app purchase: the dialog where you are prompted to enter your password is a standard iTunes dialog. They are handling and processing the payment, the developers have no access to it. We do not store neither your credit card number nor your iTunes password in our system. Even if we would want to do that (and we don't!), we couldn't. It is against the Appstore rules, and the app wouldn't get Apple's approval if we would try to do something like this. In-app purchases made from apps are processed by iTunes exactly the same as purchases of fully prepaid apps. Again, it is simply the mandatory Appstore policy that all apps must follow.
About your second suggestion: thank you for the feedback. We would like to point out there is also an option to add a recipe to you own "Favorites". It's not exactly a rating system, but it perhaps it is a partial solution for your needs. Rachel.
Versatile, easy to use
My wife asked for ‘some kind of app’ to organize her recipes as a Christmas gift. After being lost in the techno babble of several competing apps, I used this free version of Organizeat to explore its functionality and found it to be incredibly intuitive and flexible. From simply photographing an existing recipe (and type in a title), to typing the recipe in its entirety, this app functions effortlessly. Additionally, several methods make downloading recipes from websites a breeze. I’ve loaded recipes using each tool and it’s a breeze! Automatic shopping lists, name your own folders, various simple sorts, everything short and simple.
This free version limits the number of recipes and photos but is an excellent means to learn the app’s capabilities. I’ve ordered the expanded version for my wife using the gift feature on the app store. Automatic delivery on Christmas day! This too, by the way, with the help of the developer’s very responsive customer service folks.
Give it a try, you’ll love it!!
We are so glad to hear that OrganizEat makes your recipe management quick and easy :) Grateful for your kind words, we appreciate it a lot! Rachel
I was getting very tired of always trying to remember which recipe box had which recipe, so I decided to check for an app. Read the reviews on a number of apps and decided this one sounded the best. Quickly found it was for me. After using the free version and quickly getting to my limit, I purchased the next step up (not one for taking a lot of pictures of what I cook😏). I like the idea that now my favorite recipes are mobile with me so when we go back home to visit I can actually contribute to the meals!!
I also thought this was so great I told my little sister about it as she and her husband are the "chefs" of the family!! I hope she likes it as much as I do.
The only thing I would like to see added/changed are the icons you can use when adding/changing categories. There needs to be more of them and you should be able to change the ones they have already set up if you want them to be a little different!!
Thank you so much for your warm feedback! We put a lot of efforts into making OrganizEat the easiest and simplest app possible, and it's very rewarding to know our effort is appreciated 😊 About your suggestion regarding the icons gallery: we are regularly updating this gallery with more icons. If you have any suggestions for additional types of icons, drop us a line to "email@example.com" - we will be glad to hear it! Rachel and Michael
- ORGANIZEAT LTD
- 15.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Rachel Mislovaty & Michael Kariv
- In-App Purchases
- OrganizEat Full Version $24.99
- Full Version $4.99
- Full Version $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.