Record by Under Armour, connects with UA HealthBox
By Under Armour
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UA Record™ is the world’s first 24/7 connected health and fitness system. Track sleep, fitness, activity and nutrition. Set and reach goals, connect and sync devices, and follow friends and UA athletes. Get personalized insights to help you feel, look, and perform better. Use the complete and powerful UA Record™ app on its own, or with UA HealthBox™ and MyFitnessPal®.
Track and Analyze Sleep, Fitness, Step Activity, Nutrition and Weight
⊕ Log workouts including gym, running, fitness classes, yoga, outdoor workouts, and more.
⊕ Use your phone's GPS to map your routes and see how far and how fast you run or ride. Connect your UA Band™, UA Heart Rate™, or other Bluetooth Smart heart rate straps to track heart rate for any kind of workout, including gym, treadmill and yoga.
⊕ See sleep, fitness (workouts), step activity, nutrition and weight activity all in one place. Use your iPod Touch, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus or later to track your steps or connect an activity tracker (like UA Band™) or GPS watch.
⊕ Cross-compare data such as fitness vs. sleep, step activity vs. nutrition, and other combinations.
⊕ Get insights (powered by IBM Watson) to help you improve and see where you stand compared to similar users.
⊕ See your data visualized to identify trends and improve your performance.
⊕ Works with Apple Health.
Set and Reach Goals
⊕ Set goals for sleep, fitness, activity, nutrition, and weight.
⊕ See progress to goals by the day, week, month, or year.
Join and Challenge the Community
⊕ Get inspired by the Under Armour fitness community and invite friends to join.
⊕ Like and comment on friends’ workouts, photos, and videos.
⊕ Create Challenges and invite friends to see who can log the most workouts, take the most steps, burn the most calories, and other activities.
⊕ Follow Under Armour’s elite athletes and see how the pros get it done behind the scenes and on the field.
Connect and Sync Devices
⊕ Easily connect UA HealthBox™, UA Band™, UA Scale™, UA Heart Rate™ and other devices.
⊕ Connect apps such as MapMyFitness® and MyFitnessPal® to aggregate data and have a single view of your activity and progress.
⊕ Connect to share your UA Record™ activity with Apple’s Health app.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
IBM Watson is a trademark of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide.
What's New in Version 3.14
Rest. Win. Repeat. This UA Record update is all about sleep. We’ve worked with a team of world-renowned sleep physicians to create a best-in-class sleep tracking and coaching system. To get started, tap on the sleep quadrant of My Record.
• All-New Graphs. Check out the Sleep detail screen for an all-new Daily Sleep graph that highlights your sleep stages and wake events for the previous night. It’s easy to see how many times you woke up and how long you spent awake. Plus, see how long you spent in deep sleep and light sleep.
• 14-Day Sleep Score. Because your body can feel the effects of good or bad sleep habits for up to two weeks, we developed the 14-Day Sleep Score, which takes a holistic look at your sleep habits over the past two weeks. See if you can reach the top score by hitting your bedtime, waketime, and duration goals, and keeping your number of wake events low.
• Body Clock. The all-new Body Clock chart shows you how well your sleep habits line up with your goals. See how things like weekends, holidays, or even a change in seasons affect how much sleep you actually get.
• Active Recovery Sleepwear. Tom Brady and Under Armour have teamed up to create TB12 Active Recovery Sleepwear. Go to the Sleep detail screen to learn more about how this specialized sleepwear can help your muscles recover faster.
• Apple Watch workouts save more reliably
• It’s now easier to manually log sleep sessions, including naps
• New TB12 wallpaper added: Pick your favorite in More > Settings > Wallpaper
• Apple Watch workouts now use your most recent privacy setting when saving
• Bug fixes for logging Simple Nutrition from Calendar View
Great app when used with just the phone. If you connect an Apple Watch to it the app has some minor issues. My biggest complaint is that the watch app and phone app aren't quite in sync, you have to start a run on your phone to get it to track on a map. Also since the phone and watch apps don't connect the watch can be tracking as a gym workout while your phone thinks it's a run. It's only a problem if you want to map your stats. That also causes the issue of having to keep your phone with you to track on a map. Pausing a workout on the watch that was started on the phone also doesn't work. The phone app keep running. I would love the app with an update to make it independent of the phone or sync later! Great work on the interface as well. I prefer it to the standard Apple fitness app. If they added in the rewards that Apple fitness has it would be even better. Some of the same issues as the last version but added quite a few capabilities, logs my sleep now through another app which is great. Moved it up to 5 stars from the improvements made but would still love a little better Apple watch connection!
The app on the phone is awesome and works really well for tracking workouts, calories, and movement. The watch app on the other hand does not always work or run on the watch. It crashes often and will lose information. If watch app worked all the time correctly this would be a five star app review. I have been using this app for about 10 months and there is no rhyme or reason to when it fails on the watch, when tracking a workout. I will also mention the heart rate monitor isn't always accurate within the app, though it normally is for other apps I use.
App connecting glitches
So I got this band because most of the apps I use for fitness are from UA. I thought, makes sense to get the UA band. It worked fine initially, except MapMyRun wouldn't connect. It made me get MapMyFitness instead, but guess what? It wouldn't record/map my runs or vital stats on that app and UA record only has less than half the info I would get when running with mapmyrun (elevation, analysis, etc.)
While I'm trying to solve this issue ua record updates, MyFitnessPal is no longer synching to UA record, I get error messages or says the apps are already connected. It's been a very unwelcome and frustrating experience. I'm getting less insight into my fitness than i was without the band. If I can't fix it soon I will return and trade for a competitor.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 3.14
- Size: 216 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: MapMyFitness
- © 2016, Under Armour Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.