Records is a powerful personal database and organizer app for your Mac.
The perfect companion for everything you want to collect and organize in life, from your favorite movies to your customer invoices, offering a great balance between easy of use and powerful features.
“Records looks fantastic. I can’t imagine all the hard work you guys put into this app — the icon alone is just stunning.” — Shawn Blanc
“Records is a powerful, customizable, easy to use database app for Mac.” — Peter Cohen, iMore
“Wow, Records for Mac looks really great!” — Christina Warren, Mashable
“Records is an impressively nimble piece of Mac software that makes personal databases insanely simple to create and use.” — J. R. Bookwalter, Mac|Life, 4 stars
“Records for Mac makes creating a personal database very simple.” — MacFormat, 4 stars
• Incredibly easy, drag & drop form and database creation
• Canvas editor lets you customize the layout and design of your forms
• Table view lets you display, edit and sort data in a single view
• 30+ templates ready to use lets you start using Records in seconds
• 17+ fully-configurable form fields, including images, contacts, URLs and ratings
• Powerful alignment guides help you design visually appealing forms
• Use one of several pre-filled lists, such as countries, currencies, or credit card vendors
• Build your own forms and choose your favorite eye-candy color theme
• Full text search help to find instantly your data
• Easily import, export and backup your data in CSV format (Bento's users are welcome)
• Import, export and share templates with friends, family and colleagues
• No prior database design or coding knowledge required
Includes 15+ Customizable Rich Field Types
• Single-line and multi-line text fields with formatting
• Number fields for Decimal, Currencies, Percent, Scientific, Spell Out and more
• Date fields
• Time fields
• Date and Time fields
• Yes / No Checkbox fields
• Choice fields
• Website fields
• Email fields
• Images fields
• Contacts fields
• Star Rating fields
• Separator fields (decoration)
• And More...
Includes 30+ Ready To Use Templates
• Bank Accounts
• Blood Donor Cards
• Book Collection
• Exercice Logs
• Health Cards
• Health Insurance
• Home Inventory
• House Search
• Job Search
• Loyalty Cards
• Membership List
• Movie Collection
• Party Planner
• Software Licenses
• Student List
• To Do Lists
• Vehicle Insurance
• Vehicle Maintenance
• Wine Collection
• And More...
Built exclusively for the Mac
Records uses a number of OS X features and technologies such as Cocoa, Core Data, Quartz, Grand Central Dispatch, 64-bit, Full-Screen, Calendar, Contacts and much more. The Records beautiful user interface has been fully optimized for the MacBook Pro and iMac with Retina display.
We're dedicated to making the most innovative personal database app for Mac ever designed. Get Records today and your life will never have been so organised.
• Adds the support for macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Adds the support for Dark Mode and improved appearance for Light Mode
• Various improvements and performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Missing one vital feature
Four star review. Would be 5 but there is no way to sync. In fact, the data is stored in the library, it doesn’t even make files except as an export. So, it’s a one computer, no sync to another affair. That’s a near fatal issue in this day and age. That problem aside, it’s fantastic! You can view ‘excel’ style or record by record in a form of your own lay out. Super easy and convenient. I have’t stored too much data in it yet (because of the sync issue) but it hasn’t lost anything yet. I like it a lot. Gives me really useful features, and doesn’t bog me down with too much. I haven’t worked too much with the math. I don’t know if it can, for example, sum two fields into a third. If it can’t do that it really needs that too.
All in all, a good prodect that I’m hoping to see some improvment in.
Good Product, Needs Works
The basic concept of this system is great. I’m able to search up any criteria and it come up with the list of objectives as needed that I was looking for. It has a somewhat limited ability however in that the database that you create is limited to only the app and what is clearly there in the toolbox. For instance, my clients need to have a product changed every 6 months. I am not able to create a reminder or a widget in the toolbox that says “client is due for a change”. As a basic database this app works fine, which is why I give it 4/5 stars. I would like to see more features available that are interactive to the user.
Had to buy a different program-dont buy
Upon downloading, the app crashed on the spot. I reopened it and started adding forms and records. The pop up that tells me if I wanted to delete a form froze. Rebooted finder and it did it again. This has happened to me 15 times. It wouldn’t let me exit the pop up. The forms and records werent showing up after adding data. So after crashing several times, my entries finally appeared. I delete the app of course and reinstalled. The problem persisted. I am keeping it aside hoping the developer will fix this. I really like the simplicity. It is basic so you are not getting any frills.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.