What happens to fish when there’s an oil spill? With the RECOVER virtual lab, educators and students can run the same experiments as our scientists to learn just that. Perfect for building or adding to lesson plans across multiple grade levels and engage students.
• Run swim trial experiments for two species of fish and see how fish swim performance can be impacted by oil.
• Learn how scientists use advanced laboratory equipment to collect data.
• Follow the scientific method and analyze real data gathered by scientists.
• Download teacher workbooks and lesson plans that meets next generation science standards. Add biology, marine biology, physiology, ecology, physics, and math exercises to your curriculum.
• Customize your experience— a virtual lab that caters to your grade level
• Take the built in quiz and test your knowledge after the lab
• Support for additional experiments
• Access the lab through the web at www.recovervirtuallab.com
We are a research team dedicated to further the understanding of oil induced effects on fish and the potential for recovery.
Visit us: http://recover.rsmas.miami.edu/
Like us: https://www.facebook.com/recoverconsortium/
Like us: https://www.instagram.com/recover_gomri/
Follow us: https://twitter.com/recover_gomri
Comments or questions? Please contact us!
- Internet connectivity required
- This research was made possible by a grant from The Gulf of Mexico Research Initiative
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.