Recreation.gov Camping - Find available campsites
By Active Network, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Locate available Campsites at National Parks, Forests and other Federal Recreation Facilities. Perfect for the avid Camper or RV'er looking for a place to stay, today. Instant availability information on Campsites, Cabins, Day-use and other sites. Check for today's availability or for future Reservable dates. Save your search settings to make finding your next stay as easy as opening the App. View Campground details, including the details of each available Campsite. View Photos to help you pick your ideal spot. Reserving your spot is just a touch away to the Recreation.gov website or to the NRRS Call Center.
* Find a Campground with the available site you need:
- Near your current location
- Near a city or address
- By Name of campground, park or facility
- With the activities and amenities you like
- By Arrival date and Length of stay
* Filter Campgrounds by Campsites:
- Type of site (RV, Tent, Trailer, Day Use…)
- Equipment length
- Pets allowed
- Accessible needs
* Map and List views of Campground search results
* Favorite Campgrounds
* Campground Details including Photos
* Driving directions to guide you there
* Summary of available Campsites
* Campsite Details for each site including Photos
* Reserve your selected campsite on the Recreation.gov website or at the Call center
What's New in Version 1.6.3
* Updates for iOS 7
* Improvements to search and localization
Read the Description…does what it says.
This app does just what it says it does and I’ve used it for a couple of years now. However, it only covers FEDERAL recreation sites: not STATE recreation sites or PRIVATE campgrounds. The one area of the data that could be a little better is the showing of Dispersed Camping areas within the National Forests, Grasslands and BLM lands.
Just like the website but with the ease of mobile. Those who note that there are limited camping spots should know that this is a reflection of parks and campgrounds not being set up for online reservations and not the fault of the app
Gives the Basics - Needs Improvement
This app does list those campgrounds and recreation areas where a site can be reserved. It misses many that do not permit reservations.
In the filter it needs the following improvements:
1) an option to distinguish group from individual site campgrounds;
2) it lists all sites as "walk up" if the Tent filter is set, even though they are drive-up sites;
3) if the Waterfront filter is in, it does not even include many lakeside, river and stream side campsites.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 8.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.