Recreation.gov Camping - Find available campsites
By Active Network, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Locate available Campsites at National Parks, Forests and other Federal Recreation Facilities. Perfect for the avid Camper or RV'er looking for a place to stay, today. Instant availability information on Campsites, Cabins, Day-use and other sites. Check for today's availability or for future Reservable dates. Save your search settings to make finding your next stay as easy as opening the App. View Campground details, including the details of each available Campsite. View Photos to help you pick your ideal spot. Reserving your spot is just a touch away to the Recreation.gov website or to the NRRS Call Center.
* Find a Campground with the available site you need:
- Near your current location
- Near a city or address
- By Name of campground, park or facility
- With the activities and amenities you like
- By Arrival date and Length of stay
* Filter Campgrounds by Campsites:
- Type of site (RV, Tent, Trailer, Day Use…)
- Equipment length
- Pets allowed
- Accessible needs
* Map and List views of Campground search results
* Favorite Campgrounds
* Campground Details including Photos
* Driving directions to guide you there
* Summary of available Campsites
* Campsite Details for each site including Photos
* Reserve your selected campsite on the Recreation.gov website or at the Call center
What's New in Version 1.6.3
* Updates for iOS 7
* Improvements to search and localization
I love my national parks
But this app needs improvement. When searching campgrounds that are "available" you click on it then directs you to the website.. Then when you get to the website which you could've done instead of going through an app.... You have to re-enter your planned dates and then it doesn't say which campsites are available for the campground that just stated on the app as available. Very frustrating. Why have an app when it is not convenient to the user?
Read the Description…does what it says.
This app does just what it says it does and I’ve used it for a couple of years now. However, it only covers FEDERAL recreation sites: not STATE recreation sites or PRIVATE campgrounds. The one area of the data that could be a little better is the showing of Dispersed Camping areas within the National Forests, Grasslands and BLM lands.
Great App for Federal Lands
Please ignore the asinine reviews giving low ratings.
This is for federal parks. Federal means national parks, not state, not regional etc. My friends, in the time it took you to write your review you could have educated yourself and looked up the word "federal" since clearly you didn't know what it meant.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.