Red Onion - Tor-powered web browser for anonymous browsing and darknet
By Omar Mody
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
What's New in Version 2.2
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
This app is pretty good with securing your information through many tests I have conducted. Although like everything it's not perfect and the first few nodes it passes through are insecure, even though it it highly unlikely someone can snatch that information it is still insecure. Other than that there's not much tweaking to make this app more user friendly because it is very well done. The only user friendly problem while using this app is that when you scroll down you need to go all the way up again to change your page to do whatever you wish to do. Other than that this app is absolutely great at downloading videos, sound files, etc. and I haven't seen any applicant have a proxy mesh and download this fast, so good job. This app is awesome and I'd rate this 9.9 with a repentant on top!
I'm writing this review because it's a requirement to unlock the Pro version. This sort of extortion should be banned by Apple. All reviews positive or negative should be completely optional.
Did I receive the Pro version? I wouldn't know how to determine that since the app doesn't contain an IAP. Was I duped into giving a 5 star review and got nothing in return. It's possible.
From my use of the app I will say it's very slow which was expected as all Tor browsers are. Does it protect my anonymity? I can't say.
I think everything about this app is good though there are some features that can make it perfect...
I believe one is that really necessary is a toolbar at the bottom of the page that includes home and bookmarks.
Other than that it's a bit slow and I believe it can be worked out. Yet there is no other encrypted browser that I would prefer over this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 18, 2016
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 49.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Omar Mody
- © Gplex
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.