Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get a movie night on us! Download this app and turn on push notifications in your phone’s settings, and we’ll send you a promo code for a 1-day DVD rental. You’ll also get weekly news about our newest movies & games, exclusive deals and more.
The official Redbox app takes your rental experience to a whole new level.
Find a box near wherever you’re at. Look inside of it to see what DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs and games are for rent. Then reserve your discs for quick pickup later that day.
Watch movie trailers, and search movies by name, release date and genre.
See what’s coming soon, and sign up to get email reminders on the day they come to the box.
See a list of the closest Redbox locations, and get driving directions to any box in the country.
What's New in Version 4.11
- Added more game formats to the filters
- Updated the cart page with a browse button for easy access to rent additional movies and games
- Bug fixes
Great service, almost a great app
Tried to reserve a title today and ran into three issues that desperately need to be addressed:
1) save the state when leaving the app. I have my password saved in 1Password, so I have to leave the app to copy the password. But when I leave the app and come back, I'm not at the login screen, I'm somewhere else and it requires three taps to get back to the login screen.
This "saved state" issue was beyond frustrating when I needed to add a new card to pay for my reservation and the app asked me to reset my password. So I went to 1Password to generate a good password only to return to a different place in the app and had to re-enter the new card info all over again. It would be awesome to separate the new card and password reset processes altogether so even if I leave at the password reset process at some point, my card info has been saved and I can just enter the password without being forced to re-enter my new card info yet again.
2) Allow us to save our logins in the app so we don't have to login every time! And/or allow us to login using our finger print. This is basic iOS security stuff and you'd be wise to use it to its fullest.
3) Allow for better, more secure passwords. 8-12 digits is ok, but there's no reason at all to limit which characters can be used or how long it can be. Sanitize the input and increase the allowable size for that database row.
Why is Location Services ALWAYS on?
The app itself is useful although I can't see the closest redbox to me because I have location services turned off. Why do I have location services for this app turned off? Because the only other option is to have it ALWAYS on even when the app is not being used. This is a waste of battery and very invasive. Good apps have the option to only allow location services when the app is in use. Redbox needs to take a page from these apps' book and integrate that option.
Location services ALWAYS on
The app would be better if redbox would actually give you the option to have location services only while app is in use however it only gives you the option of ALWAYS on or never. If you select never well it's inconvenient and won't let you select the box closest to your location. If it were to change the option to have location while in use. I would give it 4 starts. I don't appreciate my battery used up or who knows maybe it's tracking me everywhere I go. So I just turn it off.