Reddme for iPhone - A Reddit Client
By Donald Pierre
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reddme for iPhone is an iOS 7-optimized Reddit client that offers a refreshing new way to experience Reddit on your iPhone. Sporting a gorgeous, intuitive design and packing more amazing features than we can count, Reddme is the Reddit client for iPhone that you’ve been waiting for.
So, what can you do with Reddme? Everything you’d expect — and then some.
- Create, edit & delete new and existing posts.
- Post and edit comments.
- Subscribe and unsubscribe to subreddits.
- Rate stories that matter most to you by upvoting or downvoting them.
- Make off-site articles easier to read with a built-in mobilizer.
- View multireddits you’ve created on reddit.com
- Keyword filtering and muting.
- Night Mode for better browsing in low-light conditions.
- Sidebar pinning for fast and easy access to your favorite subreddits.
- Dynamic Type support for easy text resizing.
- Hide posts you no longer wish to see.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Sidebar syncing across devices via iCloud.
- Built-in read it later support in your sidebar, along with Pocket & Instapaper integration.
- Imgur upload support.
- Seamless, easy sharing to Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- No annoying “rate this app” dialogues. (You’re welcome, Gruber.)
That’s a lot of functionality for a mobile Reddit app — and we’re just getting started. Expect frequent updates to Reddme over the coming months.
Have questions, need to file a bug report, or have a killer feature suggestion? We always want to hear from you! Contact us through email, our website, or on Twitter: @reddmeapp.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Removed the delay that locks the app when upvoting / downvoting posts.
- Fixed a critical sign-in issue caused by improper handling of certain passwords.
- Fixed a crash that resulted when holding a post for more than a few seconds (only happened on a certain unreleased OS).
- Other error, visual and markdown handling fixes.
We’re listening to your feedback and will continue to update Reddme over the coming weeks with performance enhancements, bug fixes, visual changes, and feature implementations. We’re already hard at work on redesigning a lot of things, comments especially. Stay tuned for future updates and keep submitting your suggestions to us on Twitter (@reddmeapp), /r/reddme and via email!
Really well done
After using alien blue for the last couple of months, it's become apparent to me how purely functional the app is and moreover how ugly/unintuitive a lot of it is (for ex. the sliding refresh indicators that hide/show content). In looking for a replacement, I bought this app and am blown away by how thoughtful and well-designed everything is. Typography choice is excellent, the card paradigm is interesting, animation is fun/smooth yet limited, and the intro sequence seems very, very thought out (I love the glowing text that appears when the UI piece mentioned is touched). As a UI/UX designer, this is the sorta thing I hope to build someday. Plan to use this daily from here on. I do have one tiny gripe though: there's no visible way to choose the time period for hot/top after holding down the compose button for extra subreddit organization. Other than that, incredible.
Very good, but some improvement possible
Great design and functionality, but needs an open in safari button in the built-in browser. Also, when writing a comment, I cannot scroll down, even when the text is nearly invisible because it's behind the keyboard. When I open any post and close it, the subreddit/front page reloads, but only displaying the posts below that.
Edit: I also randomly get 402 error (payment required) on pictures and gifs.
My Favorite Reddit App
This is by far the best Reddit app I've ever used. My only two suggestions for the developer is to also make it for iPad and make the reply button a little more obvious that it can be pressed. Other than that, it's phenomenal.