Reditr - Best Reddit Client
By Reditr Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Reditr is a desktop client designed by David Zorychta and Dimitry Vinogradov. Reditr runs on Windows, OS X, Ubuntu and Chrome. Reditr has a plethora of features available to our users, and Reditr is totally and 100% free.
Reditr was designed to serve as a simple to navigate client for Reddit. It is actively maintained and as developers our primary goal in maintaining Reditr is to fix bugs and implement features as suggested by the users of Reddit (check out /r/reditr and /r/reditrbugs). A current feature list is as follows:
• Multiple language support
• View multiple subreddits at once via column interface
• Automatic draft saving-- never lose what you've typed on Reddit again
• Navigate through comments intelligently with many sorting options added ontop of Reddit's defaults
• Quickly view your Reddit browsing history
• Highlight new comments since last visit
• Import tags with RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite)
• View post/link contents and comments simultaneously
• User tagging system (give users multiple tags & synchronizes)
• Friend manager
• Subreddits update automatically
• Cross device account synchronization
• Private messages into interactive chat
• Load all comments automatically
• Bulk private messages sender
• Custom columns (follow friends, multiple subreddits etc.)
• Hoverzoom for images and other content
• Live notifications (messages, replies etc.)
• Customizable hotkeys
• Full comment controls
• Save posts & comments
• Moderation tools
• Gallery mode for picture intense subreddits with mouse wheel scrolling
• Dark and light themes
• Custom signatures
• Multiple account support
• Search capabilities
• User profile viewer
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Made the app's window controls seamless
• Improved loading screen at startup
• Downloading Images option now works
its so close to awesome
there is a link that appears to be new where links in a new window can’t be closed without quiting the app. However, even though this is a massive bug and makes the app unuseable for many it is beautifully made. It’s design is exceptonal, it makes viewing reddit so much easier. When the sort out that bug it will be a great app, just hope its soon.
Good app, needs some fine tuning
This app is very well designed and fluid. There are some issues that could be addressed, such as the aforementioned bugs, janky column loading, and popup closing issues. Keystroke support needs to improve as well, and filtering and searching subreddits need to be greatly improved, because as I can tell now, it does not work as implemented or exist at all.
This is a great App, its beautifully designed.
However I’ve been using it for 15 minutes and encountered an important bug. When opening a GIF, it creates a window above the app that CANNOT be closed without shutting the app down.
when this bug is fixed I will gladdly bump to 5 stars!