Redshift - Astronomy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** REDSHIFT, the leading astronomy-app is available for MAC ***
iOS version consistently voted five of five stars, featured in Apple’s Rewind 2011 and 2012 Editors’ Choices!
Redshift brings the night sky to your desktop! You can travel to stars, nebulae and clusters in the depth of the Galaxy and even fly around the Milky Way!
Perform various amazing 3-D flights and visit all planets in our Solar System and their main moons. Detailed surface maps display those objects in a close-up right before your eyes. Once you have arrived at your target object, you can enter into an orbit around the celestial body – just like an astronaut in a real spacecraft.
Expand your Redshift app via In-App Purchase – enjoy using the telescope control and the comprehensive Observation Planner, or add numerous new astronomical data and celestial objects to your favorite planetarium software!
- The application goes beyond the basic planetarium as it also displays a 3D-model of the nearby part of our Galaxy.
- More than 2,500,000 stars, 70,000 fascinating Deep Sky objects, 10,000 minor planets, 250 famous comets visiting our planet, all major and dwarf planets, as well as Earth’s Moon and the main planetary moons
- 3D-depiction of the Solar System’s 25 major moons, 10 minor planets and more than 30 fascinating deep space objects
- Comprehensive astronomical data for all celestial objects
- Scenic 3D-flights round stars, planets, moons and deep space objects
- Live update option to download new discoveries and orbital data of 2,000 satellites, comets and asteroids.
- Professional Sky Diary to calculate and simulate eclipses and conjunctions for any location
- „Time travel“: Create night sky views for any location at any time in the past or in the future (from 1000 A.D. to 3000 A.D.)
- Enhanced Dictionary of Astronomy and integrated display of information gathered from Wikipedia
- Various ambient settings and day/night mode.
For more information on news and updates:
Redshift – Astronomy Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Various smaller tweaks and optimizations
First of all, this version is prone to crashing. All the time.
Secondly, if you want to do anything other than “look” at stars from your location at the current time, you have to pay an additional fee. So if you want to say, look at the stars from the surface of Mars in 2456 BC, that will cost you. Want a larger star catalog? That will cost you. My advice to to go buy some other app that shows the Starry Night.
Crashes under Yosemite
All sorts of problems under OSX 10.10. It ran OK under 10.9. Buy Sky Safari instead. It’s way better anyway.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 1.08 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Seller: United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- © 2013 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich. ™ The RedShift Brand is a registered trademark of Maris Technologies Ltd. Copyright Maris Technologies 1993-2008
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later
Top In-App Purchases
- Feature Pack$8.99