Reduce - Batch Resize Images and Photos for iPhone & iPad
By Tobias Wiedenmann
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
★★★★ CultofMac.com: This app screams “quality.” ★★★★
Attention: iOS 6 or greater needed.
Resize your photos with ease starting today! Reduce lets you export your pictures optimized for the web.
Set the image dimensions and a file size limit and Reduce will determinate the best possible image quality for you.
Never struggle with images too large to upload.
But Reduce will do a lot more for you:
√ Batch-process multiple images
√ Resize the image to a specific dimension
√ Autodetection of the needed jpeg quality for a given file size
√ Alternatively use a fixed jpeg quality
√ Optionally sharpen the image to avoid softness caused by the resizing
√ Choose if you want to remove EXIF data like gps position or the used camera settings
√ Add a watermark or description to your photos
√ Use a border to seperate your photos from the background
Reduce is made with love by a photographer for photographers.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions or other feedback.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Fixed: Wrong image dimensions in Exif Data
- Fixed: Bug where manual jpeg compression failed
- New: Double tap to select all / no photos inside an album
Essential...though improvement needed
I am unable to do without this app. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. I think it works with decent speed and execution:
once I can get it up and running....
Two Major Areas where Improvements Needed:
1. Titles under the albums is a no brainer...why the heck is this not even at the very least an option.
2. To get running requires me to keep opening the app repetitively on a varying number of attempts until it stays open...This seems to fluctuate depending on the number of recently taken pictures added in the camera roll from the last time this app had been open, and the number of background apps you have running. Probably a fault low RAM availability with 512mB in every tablet but the Retina with 1gB. Needs a work around in the programing none the less, it is just an unacceptable fustration.
Works Perfectly on iOS 9.21
I was hesitant to try the app (even though it is presently free) because the most recent reviews are terrible and one-star ratings freak me out; but then I thought: "Hey, it's free; why not?" So I put it to the test using my iPad Mini 2 and after it started up, I selected my photo directory from the grid, selected the images I wanted to resize, set the size and quality preferences to my liking and pressed go!
Presto! One by one they all processed and now reside at the top of my photo album. :-)
Since I happened upon this when it was free is delightful for me, but it also means the price of the app eludes me. If it's less than $5 and you ned to do batch resizing, is is a must have. If it costs more? well, how much batch resizing do you really need to do? Even if it's a once in a while occurrence this may just be well worth its price in time savings alone.
Great tool for reducing picture size!
I do a lot of posting pictures on forums. Needless to say, you do not want to put large pictures on forums. I set my picture up with 500 pixels. I select the number of pictures I want to resize and like magic, does the entire batch. It places the new pictures on your camera roll and then a separate reduced area, too. How convenient! I am not sure why some of the comments were not stellar, positive comments.
Great app well worth the price.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Feb 23, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 5.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tobias Wiedenmann
- © 2012 Tobias Wiedenmann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.