The new generation of the RedZone Weather app is here! RedZone Weather provides weather info for Alabama and northwest Florida in a personal and easy-to-understand way by a meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama. Severe weather coverage is provided through live video and audio streaming. Whether our local weather is good or bad, you can check out daily weather videos, local events, and pertinent weather discussions.
The RedZone Weather app includes:
- Customized RedZone Weather notifications, so you can opt-in to what you want to know about concerning our local weather or events. No more waiting to see it on social media! The best part is you get to pick what notifications you want to receive.
- Dedicated streams for our live video AND audio streaming during severe weather events that affect our coverage area in south Alabama and northwest Florida. We now offer live streaming AUDIO coverage for people that may want a choice between video and audio. We specifically designed this with places that may have poor cellular coverage in mind.
- Your local forecast, generated by Meteorologist Spinks Megginson. This is NOT raw model output statistics that you'll often see in most weather apps. This is curated content posted by a trained meteorologist who lives and works in south Alabama.
- Interactive Radar so you can see NEXRAD radar data from across the continental United States.
Join the rapidly growing RedZone Weather community today by downloading our newly updated app!
Thank you for using RedZone Weather! What's new in Version 2.11?
• RZW Exec: a private program primarily designed to aid local leaders in the decision-making process ahead of severe weather events. Access to RZW Exec is restricted to administrators, executives, public and private sector leaders, and other community influencers. RZW Exec is currently limited to eligible users in Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi. To apply for eligibility in RZW Exec, see the new "Apply for RZW Exec" form at the bottom of the app menu.
• Fixed issue with App Support form in app menu.
• Fixed rare loading issue with Interactive Radar.
• Updated app rating to 12+ because of filtered access to YouTube.
• Clarified exactly how a device's location data is used in the modal pop up alert when prompted for location access.
• Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Raising The Bar
This app is what I would expect coming from the crew at RedZone Weather. My expectations for a weather app are high enough as it is and I have been let down many times. However, when it comes to providing an accurate forecast with a detailed coverage analysis that you can trust, RedZone meets and exceeds those expectations time and time again.
RZWeather is probably the most accurate weather app I have. It is constantly updated and gives the most reliable forecast. I know when I open the app I am going to get the most updated information available. The ease of use is also amazing! Love this app!
Best Weather App Around
This app keeps me updated during times of severe weather and provides me with a reliable forecast 24/7. The coverage and cutting edge technology make this a wonderful app. I highly recommend this professional and trustworthy app.
- RedZone Group, LLC
- 23.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © @ 2018 - RedZone Group, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.