By Silvio Rizzi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reeder is a client for:
- Feed Wrangler
Don't want to use a third-party service? Reeder also supports local/standalone RSS (no sync).
- Classic (iPad only)
- Dark → night reading
- White → more contrast
- Black → more contract, night reading
- Safari Reading List
- QUOTE.fm (recommend and read later)
What's New in Version 2.2.3
- Improved animations
- Improved UI on the iPad
- Feedly: articles having a date in the future
- Landscape video (iOS 6.1)
- Crash when navigating (iOS 6.1)
- Browser and article viewer: Tap-and-hold for sharing options
One of the best of the bunch!
I only wish for 3 things:
1. That is have a “night reading mode” or like the OS X app does with all shades of dark grey
2. that the gestures would be copied by other app devs. Silvio really nailed the gestures on this.
3. it had it’s own sync service instead of using a 3rd party service. I currently use Feed Wrangler and feel like if Reeder had the same sync functionality, i’d rather give my subscription to Reeder than FW…all for simplicity and not having to go though so many different services just for read my feeds.
Otherwise, i really enjoy this app and use it many, many times a day.
The UI is great, the ease of use is spot on, the graphic design is also spot on, but I do feel he took some queue’s from Daring Fireball’s design.
Great, needs scroll to top undo
Excellent app, use it every day to catch up on my news. I’ve tried several different apps out there, and none come close to the thought, layout, design, and polish of Reeder.
One annoyance: accidentally tapping the status bar takes you to the top of the article. Need something like Instapaper where you can undo that and go back to where you were.
Worse than the previous version
A much-needed universal update that makes Reeder usable on the iPad again.
But version 2 was loaded with bizarre interface choices and steps backward in user experience. They've fixed some of these but there is still no landscape mode on the iPhone. Small font web pages are unreadable.
Unfortunately I'm still using the previous version on my iPhone and only use this on the iPad.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 03, 2014
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silvio Rizzi
- © Silvio Rizzi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.