By Silvio Rizzi
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Reeder 3, a news reader with support for multiple services like
- Feed Wrangler
- Minimal Reader
- The Old Reader
- BazQux Reader
Don't want to use a third-party service? Reeder also supports local/standalone RSS (no sync).
- Customizable shortuts
- Safari Reading List
- QUOTE.fm Read
...and more via sharing extensions.
What's New in Version 3.0
- Ready for OS X El Capitan
- More themes
- Updated UI
- Support for sharing extensions
- Unread and starred counts for smart folders
- Hide smart folders in unread/starred view if there are no unread/starred items
- Private browsing support (see Settings > Reading)
- Display the URL in the status bar when hovering a link in the article viewer or browser
- New article viewer display settings: separate font and uppercase options for the title
- Fullscreen now also works when in minimized layout mode
- New “Archive” folder in “All items” view mode which only shows read items (no unread or starred)
- Pull to next/previous article
- Inoreader authentication
- Incorrect unread/starred counts
- Reeder now uses San Francisco as UI font on El Capitan
- Full screen split view on El Capitan
- Various visual glitches on El Capitan
- Adding a Feedly account using Google is now correctly reported as sign in from Mac (not iPhone)
Best RSS reader
I was really happy to see a new version of Reeder. It is one of the most polished apps I've used. I spend more time in Reeder than in the web browser every day. Syncing through feedly works really seamlessly.
The current top review says that Reeder has ads. The reviewer must be confused: there have never been any ads in Reeder itself - only the ads the web sites put in pages and RSS feeds.
I’ve been using Reeder since the public beta and I love it. One bug I noticed is that when in full screen mode sometimes the refresh button doesn’t work & when it does it takes forever and gets stuck on the ‘syncing subscriptions’. Other then that its a great app. Please update the iPhone version :)
El Capitan Update
The App is great. But I think the User Interface in Split View needs an update. For example, It would be nice if I can close the two columns and left only with the article so that it takes the whole part of the screen. Other than that, It’s a really great app. Thanks!