A news reader for the Mac with support for various sync services.
Reeder 4 adds new features like…
- The new Bionic Reading mode
- An in-app Read Later service which syncs with iCloud
- Image previews in the articles list (finally)
- An image viewer
- Much improved article viewer
- More layout options, including automatic layout depending on window size
- Improved reader view
Navigate the app using gestures for a great reading experience. Customize shortcuts and gestures to fine-tune the app to your needs.
Supported sync services:
- Feed Wrangler
- The Old Reader
- BazQux Reader
If you want to use a self-hosted service, Reeder should work with services which use the Fever or the Google Reader API. Or just standalone RSS (without syncing) if you don't want to use any service.
Reeder 4 is also available for iOS.
• Option to group article list by feed
• New appearance options (see 'Preferences' -> 'Appearance'):
- Hide unread/starred counts in the subscriptions list
- Hide favicons in the articles list
- Hide the text preview in the articles list
• When in unread view mode, read items will now be removed from the articles list when you reopen the currently selected feed by clicking on the feed list entry. If you want to reopen the list without removing read items, you can do that by swiping left from the subscriptions list back to the article list.
• Remember Bionic Reading mode state between app launches
• Improved Reader View
• Mark above/below as read sometimes failed to mark all items
Ratings and Reviews
Unpopular opinion: This is a downgrade.
After buying this for $9.99 I instantly had buyer's remorse. Although it's wonderful to see this developer continue to work on Reeder, and the new featre-set is awesome, and the subtle animations are cool —I really dislike the aesthetic changes overall.
For one, the neutral-themed theme is gone (so you're stuck with all-white or all-black if you don't like the multi-colored options). You also can no longer select any system font but are limited to San Francisco as your only sans-serif. The new icon's smaller "count" font is kind of tiny. The new views are really janky and unpolished, and almost contradict each other in their design.
But for $9.99… I was hoping this would be more put-together.
The best gets better!
Been using this since the beta, and it's well worth it! I would have gladly paid $10 just for the new animation speed options! Really like the fast animation, and wish it would be brought to the ios version of reeder 4. Also, the new article viewer is a huge improvement, and loads a whole lot faster! Very impressed with this version, and actually like the mac reeder over the ios version now due to too many options being left out from reeder 3 that's not in reeder 4 on ios!
Love this app, just one nitpick
Version 3 supported a bunch of built-in services for sharing items. Version 4 does the sensible thing and just uses the system share sheet. This works great on iOS, but on the Mac there doesn't seem to be a good way to share items to Pinboard anymore (aside from some very poorly reviewed and overpriced apps that I have not tried.) I hope this gap gets filled soon, or I might have to have a go at filling it myself.
- Silvio Rizzi
- 9.7 MB
macOS 10.14 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Silvio Rizzi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.