By University of Central Florida
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Reel Florida helps boaters stay safe while learning about and protecting the environment of Mosquito Lagoon, the northernmost section of the Indian River Lagoon system on the east coast of central Florida. The app helps you and the sensitive ecosystem of Mosquito Lagoon stay safe by showing:
- Real-time maps that identify locations of ecologically-sensitive habitats.
- Useful locations like boat ramps, historic sites, popular fishing spots, marine gas providers, bait shops, and channel markers.
- The Canaveral National Seashore area and Kennedy Space Center security boundaries.
- A Photographic dictionary of species known to thrive in and around Mosquito Lagoon (e.g., birds, invertebrates, marine mammals, plants, macroalgae, etc.).
- Contact information for local services and agencies involved in managing and protecting Mosquito Lagoon.
Reel Florida was conceived, designed, and developed by a multidisciplinary team of faculty and students at the University of Central Florida. Florida Sea Grant and Indian River Lagoon personnel supported its creation. This app was made possible by an award from Florida Sea Grant, with additional funds provided by UCF.
Must have app
This app is fantastic! Interactive map, enormous glossary of terms and words. Lots of pics and links, excellent job! Shows grass beds, oyster bars and so much more. Check it out.
I really like the images of the plants, they are helping me learn them while out paddling.
- Category: Navigation
- Released: Apr 30, 2014
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 90.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: University of Central Florida
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.