By Rogue Amoeba Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***** PLEASE NOTE *****
Airfoil Remote works only with Airfoil for Mac 4.8 or higher.
Airfoil Remote is not currently compatible with Airfoil for Windows. Stay tuned!
Airfoil Remote allows you to use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to control Airfoil running on your Mac.
Airfoil Remote lets you:
* Toggle speakers on or off - If you want to send audio to new outputs, just turn them on in Airfoil Remote!
* Control volumes - Turn the volume of an individual speaker up or down, or crank them all up at once. Rocking!
* Switch Sources - You can switch between recent audio sources to change what Airfoil is streaming.
* Control Playback Too - In addition to controlling Airfoil, remote playback control of many popular sources including Spotify, Rdio, Last.fm and more, is possible
* See What's Playing - Metadata from many supported sources is shown right in Airfoil Right. See artist names, track titles and album art!
Remember, Airfoil Remote does not receive audio (use Airfoil Speakers Touch for that), nor send it (use iOS's built-in AirPlay capabilities).
What's New in Version 3.0
* Reemote now has a new name: Airfoil Remote! It's also got a new owner, as we've brought it in-house to Rogue Amoeba!
* Airfoil now includes everything needed on the Mac side - remote control no longer requires a separate background app running on your Mac.
* Airfoil Remote's interface has been streamlined and improved.
* Airfoil is now a Universal app, with full support for the iPhones, iPods Touch, and iPads all in one app.
Works great with Airfoil 4.7.6 + Reemote Server!
I've been trying for years to find a set of apps that would let me run my subscription KPIG stream through all the AirPlay speakers in my house at the same time. I stumbled on an Apple Support page suggesting Airfoil, so I installed it. After getting my KPIG stream to work with QuickTime Player I was beside myself until I noticed the Airfoil Remote app required Airfoil 4.8 or better to work. I've been using the Apple Remote app to control iTunes on my Mac Mini media server for years and really didn't want to give it up. Then I read the fine print about installing Reemote Server, which *might* work with Airfoil 4.7. The good new is it does! Spectacular!
I'm so happy I can't sit down. Airfoil + Airfoil Remote & Reemote Server have FINALLY brought KPIG streaming to every AirPlay speaker I own (and I own quite a few).
Great Job Rogue Amoeba. I'll be back for more.
Works, but needs work
Does what it says (read carefully), but has its share of bugs. Not intuitive to setup and configure—part of which is Apple's fault. Really, this functionality should be included in OSX and iOS. At any rate, once you figure it out, all the Airfoil apps do work quite well and are stable. Yes, you do have to shell out $30 for the OSX and iOS apps, but it's worth it.
If you have multiple Airplay speakers and want whole-house audio from more than iTunes, this is the only sane way to do it.
For the devs, please combine the remote and speakers apps. There's quite a bit of overlap in features and we should only need one app on our iOS devices.
This works as well as it possibly could. It loads fast, has a very simple and beautiful interface and works wonderfully. Great work guys!
Now I don't have to keep schlepping back and forth between my kitchen and computer...
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 16, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC
- © Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.