By Rogue Amoeba Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Airfoil Remote allows you to use an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to control Airfoil running on your Mac or Windows machine.
Airfoil Remote lets you:
* Toggle Speakers On or Off - If you want to send audio to new outputs, just turn them on in Airfoil Remote!
* Control Volumes - Turn the volume of an individual speaker up or down, or crank them all up at once. Rocking!
* Switch Sources - You can switch between recent audio sources to change what Airfoil is streaming.
* Control Playback Too - In addition to controlling Airfoil, you can also remotely control playback of many popular sources including Spotify and iTunes on both platforms, as well as over a dozen more on the Mac side.
* See What's Playing - Metadata from many supported sources is shown right in Airfoil Right. See artist names, track titles and album art!
Airfoil Remote requires Airfoil for Mac 4.8.4 (or higher) or Airfoil for Windows 3.6 (or higher).
Remember, Airfoil Remote does not receive audio (use Airfoil Speakers Touch for that), nor send it (use iOS's built-in AirPlay capabilities).
What's New in Version 4.0.1
* The Master Volume slider is now again fully functional. Sorry about that!
* The Source list in Airfoil Remote now updates when Recent Sources change in Airfoil.
* Connecting to and switching between multiple Airfoil servers has been greatly improved.
* Airfoil Remote's settings, found in the Settings app, have been improved, with "Shake to Skip" now being off by default and some typos corrected.
* Multiple crashes have been fixed, which is always a good thing for all involved.
Decent App, but much needs to be improved
I been using Airfoil Remote for the past couple of years. I haven’t really experienced too many problems with Airfoil Remote. One thing I noticed is that it can take sometimes up to 15+ seconds to load. It’s definitely nothing wrong with the network or the hardware involved with the Airfoil server. To me, it looks like some optimization can take place there. With IOS 8 and Apple Watch, this app is starting to become outdated. I wish we could see an IOS8 widget to control the sources instead of launching the app. Also, there needs to be Apple Watch support for selecting sources. The last update for this app was back in 2014. Hopefully, future features are not dead on this app as I see lots of potential.
Good app but ...
The heart isnt there. App is great when it works but as people has said below there are times when the app cant find the server-side application. I have to physically go to the server to restart the app every now and then. Its disappointing for me having paid for licenses for ALL their apps both desktop and ios and after so many iterations they still cant get it fixed. Ill review this again if they ever fix this.
These guys are good!
Another solid app from Rogue Amoeba. Does just what you'd expect - control your Airfoil (on your computer) from your iPad. I was too lazy to go to my Mac to change the Airfoil settings so I thought, "Let's see what Rogue Amoeba has on the App Store." Two minutes later and - voila! I had what I needed and I hadn't moved an inch! Thank you Rogue Amoeba!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 13, 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 16.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC
- © Rogue Amoeba Software, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.