Refine (formerly Safari Blocker) is the most customizable content blocker for iOS 9. With a few clicks, you will easily block all ads on Safari, significantly speed up your browsing experience, and save data.
- Classic Adblocking and Classic Privacy (to prevent user tracking), ported from the EasyList subscriptions (https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/)
- Easily whitelist sites that you want to see ads on
- Block resources by url filtering, resource type, and load type
- Block a resource, block its cookies, or hide elements on a page with CSS
- Share and download public blockers from the community
Extremely easy to set up, Refine gives the power of content blocking to users. Follow @RefineApp on Twitter for app updates and to give feedback.
fixed whitelist bug
Ratings and Reviews
Outstanding. These guys are the best.
These guys are offering a highly-customizable ad blocker for peanuts. No "in-app" purchases, no subscriptions, no nickel-and-dime tactics--just a rock solid service, period. And not only do they offer their product at an utterly affordable one-time price, they also make it so easy to operate that even a bunch of poorly trained meerkats of questionable aptitude could still figure out how to "set it and forget it" on their iOS devices.
Now, just many app developers could learn from the example the Refine development team sets--more than half? Better than 90%? Whatever the number (and it's a high one, no doubt about that), the folks at Refine have certainly earned my loyalty and support--their low-pressure, non-intrusive business practices are like a breath of fresh air in this era of the non-stop sales pitch.
Update: still good but some ads getting through
The description claims that the Adblock based on EasyList is automatically updated, but the rule count has been stuck at 32,709 rules for months. I don't think it's actually updating in any meaningful way. When I first got Refine it blocked ALL ads, but as time has gone on, a few ads have been slipping through. It's overdue for an update and the author hasn't touched it in months, but still does a good job blocking a lot of ads, and the price is right. Occasionally some sites need to be reloaded with content filters disabled in order to function properly, but such sites are rare. This would be a 5 star app if it updated more and if the UI weren't so ugly and iPhone sized, which looks ridiculous on an iPad.
Great and possibly the best adblocker in the store
I rarely write review but this one really gets me to write one since it offers the customization ability, which you only will get in 1-2 paid apps like 1blocker. This is free and yet the ability and options it offers for you to block is superbly premium.
App support is also great, I contacted the dev and he replied within less than 12h.
Besides this I also use Admop which also soars above other top apps like purify or crystal which either still let apps through or compromise themselves for money.
These 2 apps have been serving me well and improve speedload and no more clutter ads, including self-script ads that some pages do have which most of other apps cant do
Refine also has whitelist option which i find better than Admop and it is free.
Looking forward to more features being added to the app
Definitely 5 stars for this app and its potential
- Luke Li
- 14.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Luke Li
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.