Reflection is a journaling app for Mac that keeps personal content private.
What makes Reflection different:
- Clean and minimalist user interface.
- Designed as a true journal, not a collection of notes.
- Stores all content in plain text files on user's computer.
- Does not send content to any server (cloud).
Reflection can help you:
- Use separate journals to create isolated spaces for personal reflections and work journals.
- Create and organize journal entries easily.
- Use labels to browse entries by topic.
- Bookmark the most important entries to access them quickly.
- Browse your entries month by month.
- Format text using simple and effective Markdown syntax.
Designed and developed after using paper & digital journals for 10+ years, Reflection is here to make journaling a little more enjoyable and effective.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A great journal app
I have been using this app for about a week now. I really like it. It has an intuitive interface and is quite simple to learn and use. I just write away with no distractions. I have not played with the “markdown” to change formatting. No need to do so. I just wanted to write my journal entries, keep them organized, and easily review them at a later time.
At first I thought a word counter would be nice… But in truth I really do not the distraction. However, it might be nice to have an option to “export” some of my entries to html or pdf. However, really not that big of a deal.
A great simple application! Lets me stay focused on writing. Thank You!!!
Waste of Time- Not Working
You get a start page, then it becomes unresponsive. Doesn’t sync with the iPhone either. Desktop only. Very disappointed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.