By Gargant Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Reflow is a brand new musical notation software that can be used to create your own original scores in a very flexible and innovative way. Songs you write can be played back using the embedded software synthesizer.
Reflow can also import and play any Guitar Pro* or PowerTab file you can find on the Internet, giving you access to literally hundred of thousands of songs to learn and practice.
Reflow integrates well with the latest Mac OSX features, with its support for iCloud, Autosave, Versions and Full Screen Mode.
The new Reflow engine allows you to modify your song while it's still playing, for a totally non interruptive workflow.
Reflow can be used to compose and practice any song for Guitar, Bass, Drums, Piano, Banjo, and many other instruments as long as it uses Standard Notation or Tablature.
Then you can take away and modify your compositions anywhere you go using the Reflow for iPad App. With its iCloud support, every change you make in a session with your band, will be waiting for you when you come back home.
This is a great addition to your musical tools collection, at an affordable price.
- iCloud enabled.
- Mac OSX Lion Versions and Autosave.
- Import and playback any Guitar Pro*, or PowerTab file.
- Works seamlessly with Reflow for iPad.
- Enter notes using your MIDI keyboard.
- Export to MIDI, GP5 or WAVE file for easy sharing.
- Keep your songs organized using the built-in file library.
- Write your music using Tablature, Standard notation, Chord Diagrams and Chord Names.
- Support of Piano Grand Staff.
- Musical directions (Coda, Segno, …).
- Flexible design allowing you to use different scores for each instrument of your song.
- Manipulate your song's sections painlessly using drag and drop.
- Chord diagrams database you can drag onto your scores.
- Display the notes on a Fretboard or Piano keyboard.
- Full vector graphics PDF export for easy manipulation in Illustrator.
- Many Guitar effects and articulations, such as Bend, Brush, Slides and much more.
* Up to Guitar Pro 5.x version.
What's New in Version 1.7.3
- Fixed midi import
- Added PDF user manual
- Minor bugfixes
MIDI keyboard input doesn’t work
I bought Reflow for the feature “input notes from a MIDI keyboard”, however this doesn’t actually work. Reflow allows me to correctly set my keyboard as the MIDI input device, and the device works correctly in every other music app, however there is no indication how to enable notation via MIDI input in Reflow. The manual passively mentions the feature without providing usage instructions, and the “Reflow Support” link sends me to the product advertising page without contact information or a user forum, so I give up. It otherwise seems to be a nice app, if I could actually input notes.
There is no way a musician wrote this!
I want my $20 back! I do not have trouble with the MIDI input other than it being an octave off, but that is a minor detail compared to the worst thing that makes this pretty much unsuable for me. When you are in the key of Db, you do not use the enharmonic C# when someone plots a Db. I am kind of used to that eye roll scenario from applications I have used in the past, but I don’t understand why they give you no way of changing it to a flat. This makes this software pretty much unusable for me. I am not going to give someone a piece of music that looks like that!
I WANT A REFUND!!! I just spend $19.99 on an app that barely does what I it to do…
This program could be very cool and useful with the addition of one simple thing… Please make it possible to click on the staff to add a note, so that we, who don’t have pianos or guitars or whatever don’t have to work with a tiny keyboard… It literally take like five minutes to complete a bar. This is very annoying… I think with the addition of that and some better keyboard comands could make this app very usable for musicians or people who just want to mess around…