Refresh - Get Insight on People You Meet
By Refresh, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Refresh is a free app that prepares you for every conversation in every meeting. It works seamlessly in the background to find and beautifully display relevant insights about the people you’re going to meet. Easily sidestep small talk and spark real conversations that matter.
- Insight: Quickly view relevant insights on the people you’re about to meet. Refresh aggregates information from across the web (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, email, calendar, and contacts), and intelligently surfaces helpful insights all within a beautifully simple interface.
- Meeting View: Know a little something about the people you meet before you step into the meeting. Effortlessly sync with your calendar and contacts and sifts through your scheduled meetings to prepare you for every conversation.
- Email Integration: By integrating seamlessly with your email, Refresh has the keen ability to highlight relevant correspondences with the people you’re meeting. Refresh integrates with Gmail, Yahoo!, iCloud, and Exchange.
- Prompts + Notifications: Let the insights come to you by receiving alerts with up-to-the-minute information about your friends and future acquaintances.
- Notes + Follow-up: Easily capture notes about the people you’ve met to jog your memory for the next conversation. Refresh even pulls in notes from Evernote!
- Introductions: Introduce and connect people, all with one tap and all within the app!
- People Search: Want information on someone that you’re not scheduled to meet? No problem. Search for anyone by name or company.
- Privacy: Your data is private and only you have the power to share what you want.
Questions or comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you.
Follow us at @Refreshapp or Like us at https://www.facebook.com/refreshapp.
What's New in Version 1.6
- Search for insight on over 40 million people!
- Make introductions in two taps and save time by letting Refresh automatically include the relevant context
- Send your contact information to anyone in one tap
- Now you can get started by connecting Facebook, LinkedIn, or even email
- All-new iOS7 redesign!
So I work for a major publishing company in the higher education market... But I'm in-house and cover 100+ schools. Each with a minimum of 100 faculty ... Some close to 1000. Our sales system is good for keeping track of when I last checked in with them, and for keeping track of who's using what in their classroom, but you try having a "personal" or "close" relationship with thousands of people you'll never meet - pretty much, this has allowed me to create some personal type if connection, no matter how small, with the large number of people I work with. That gives me the ability to attach something more personal to "the guy who called me last week for a physics book", which makes remembering him, his story, and my history with him incredibly easier.
Not Good search results
As you might imagine this requires your log in for all of your social sites. It doesn't provide any meaningful results without it. Why it can't at least display the first layer linkedin, twitter and Facebook results without that info, is beyond me. Without providing that info this service hardly found anyone I searched. Additionally it is constantly asking for access to your calendar and contacts even after first declined. While that may provide correlative data for some. I would imagine many just want to be able to search others and don't want this service to access your contacts; then every contact you have gets a ping on LinkedIn that you viewed their profile. This service could be neat.... But it ain't yet.
This will be on all your phones
This is an incredible application with practical and valuable functions. I work in higher education, where I meet and connect with dozens of people monthly. I have the worst memory, so this app is a lifesaver for staying connected or reconnecting to colleagues in a professional but personal way. It doesn't alert me to anything I couldn't care any less about, and it's there when I need it. This technology will be integrated into our devices soon, but download this app in the meantime.