Rego - Bookmark your favorite places
By MakaluMedia Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Rego to privately bookmark where you are, where you want to go and where you’ve been. Capture moments in photos and notes. Organize your places with collections, custom pin colors and favoriting. And when you’re ready to get there, send your places to other apps like TomTom, Apple & Google Maps for navigation.
Rego is private, but it’s also the best way to share a place when you want to. Meeting a colleague somewhere? Send them the place with Rego. Got friends coming into town? Send them your recommendations in a published collection.
HOW PEOPLE USE REGO
- Travelers use the search and discovery tools at the Rego website to plan their trips, and import those places into Rego. Then while traveling, they use the maps and pins to get around, discover new places and capture memories in photos and notes.
- City dwellers use Rego to bookmark local cafes and restaurants, starring their favorites and putting those with wifi in a custom collection.
- Photographers use Rego to bookmark and review potential photo shoot sites with customers.
- Real estate agents use Rego to bookmark their listings, complete with reference photos and notes.
- And those frustrated with Foursquare are switching to Rego en masse! :-)
- SEVEN WAYS to bookmark a place:
1. Your current location
2. Search for an address or coordinates
3. Select a point on a map
4. Choose a photo that has embedded location data
5. Choose from your contacts
6. Choose a known nearby place (you’re gonna love this option!)
7. Importing from the Rego.to website.
- THREE WAYS to view your places:
1. By proximity to your current location
2. By date modified
3. In alphabetical order
- ORGANIZE your places:
1. In collections and folders
2. With custom pin colors
- CAPTURE moments:
1. Snap a photo with the camera
2. Add multiple photos from your Camera Roll
2. Add custom notes
1. Send places to other apps like TomTom, Google & Apple Maps, Navigon and Waze for navigation.
2. Tap-n-hold to copy coordinates to the clipboard for use in other geo apps.
1. Send a place to a friend by email, message, web link, WhatsApp & more
2. Share an entire group of places by publishing them to a private area at the Rego.to website.
1. Backup your data securely to Dropbox.
You can learn more about Rego at www.rego.to, or email us at email@example.com.
Brought to you by Makalu Interactive
What's New in Version 2.2.4
- Fixed an issue where the app would not show the correct distance unit in the settings view.
- Fixed a rare issue where the app could crash when adding a new place.
A great app
Work as advertised. I love adding vineyards and other restaurants so I can find them again, or recommend them to others.
The new version looks great and the ability to use custom colored pins really helps find things. A wonderful app!
I especially like the new today widget! Works great!
Needs Google Maps Import
This is a decent app. I like the tagging and folder features. I probably will not use it much though, it desperately needs a Google My Maps import function. It is tedious adding content one item at a time.
Best in its class for my business needs and excellent customer service
Yes its more expensive than some other apps, but Rego really is the best out there for what I’m looking for, and they continue to make improvements. It has been very useful for pinning all of our job sites with pictures and notes attached to show specifics of each site in one database. I can easily sort the job sites by collections of clients; distinguish between new, old, and finished jobs by changing the pin color; and mark current jobs with a star. All of which can be filtered accordingly. They have a “Backup/Restore” function with Dropbox, which can be used in a roundabout way to sync multiple devices. However, I’m hoping they’ll come out with an update which enables iCloud Sync and Collaborative Pin Collections so other employees can add and change pins in the same realtime-synced collection. Apparently they are working on something along those lines. It is still useful to email, message, and post pin collections to the website for other employees to view them.
I am also very impressed with their personalized customer service and how quickly they responded to help me switch over my pins from my old bookmarking app. The support staff immediately forwarded me to one of their engineers and they were both actively working on my case. Although some of my old pins weren’t found (most of them were), theres much to say about the quality of support they offered. I see great things for the progression of Rego and its capabilities.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Mar 03, 2015
- Version: 2.2.4
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MakaluMedia Inc.
- © 2014 MakaluMedia Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.