By Sotto Voce Film+Works
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to learn your lines? This is the app for that. Rehearsal 2, featured in USA TODAY, the NY Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, is the industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by actors on shows like Heroes, LOST, Psych, Human Target, Castle, CSI, Dexter, Outlaw, Body of Proof and more.
"I love this app! Rehearsal lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my a** when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Iron Man, Avengers, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal 2 is a brand new update that
- is extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- is intuitive and obvious: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- works with any iDevice
- NEW: costs one low price for unlimited usage - no more in-app purchases
- NEW: open your scripts directly from the mail message in which you receive them
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Rehearse scenes and learn your lines
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- NEW: quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply by scrolling the script
- record any number of versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode only when you need them
- quickly add beat marks to divide longer passages into manageable beats
Exploring your character
- easily create and review "notes in the margins" - text, audio, photo or video depending upon your device
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters without forgetting them
- have all your strong choices at your fingertips for instant review before audition or performance
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe and set dressers can keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers can plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
- works flawlessly with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices
Rehearsal 2 was created by a working Hollywood actor, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes. He and fellow working actors in Hollywood have been using Rehearsal for auditions, on-set work and personal skill building.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
We have taken care of the bugs you've so thoughtfully sent our way (and we thank you!)
- we're now compatible with iOS 6 and 7 (if you now can't record, make sure to enable access to the Microphone via Settings >> Privacy)
- we're now compatible with the iPhone 5, 5s and 5c
- we're now compatible with the iPad Mini
- we've fixed the "my script is all fuzzy and unreadable after importing" bug - and that took a LONG time
- we've made placing and removing beat marks effortless
- we've cleaned up rotation on late model iPads
- we've made highlighting, scribbling and erasing more precise
- we fixed a redrawing bug when scripts are marked up
- we've completely re-engineered the way we handle the PDF format
- and a lot more.
We've been busy! And you've been so patient!
And we're working on all kinds of things for v 3. Thanks to all of you for making Rehearsal an industry standard! Special shout out to Julianna Margulies and Debra Messing for their lovely comments about Rehearsal.
David H. Lawrence XVII and the Rehearsal team
Very out-dated in appearance, and not easy to use. Absolutely frustrating. Not intuitive.
I purchased this for use thinking that it would help me to learn lines for a small scene that I am working on for a community theater group. When it opened, the tutorials were confusing and I found it extremely difficult to understand how to load on a pdf file before it could be used. The script we are using is not in public domain and has been paid for…yet how to quickly down load this without the proper scanner and equipt was impossible. Furthermore, when I checked the links to their “store” thinking that I probably had to buy some other program in order to make this work more easily, the “Store” did not exist. I was sent instead to a marketing analytics site. I am not impressed. I deleted this immediately and have requested a refund. There’s got to be a better way to mark a script and learn lines…true, this is a great idea that should be completely updated with intuitive graphics and explanations. Extremely expensive for what I received!
Do not upgrade!!!!
If this is your first time buying Rehearsal, go ahead. But do NOT upgrade! I'm running 6.1, and after upgrading, all my highlights and annotations and scribbles are nowhere near where they were! I'm heartbroken- makes me wish I'd never tried to use the iPad for this purpose, brilliant "Blackout" concept be damned.
This app is brilliant in concept. The Blackout feature is very nearly worth $20 by itself, and this is one of the fastest and most responsive PDF viewing apps I've used, for any purpose.
It's glitchy, though, in using the pencil, highlighter, and eraser tools. If I make a small mark accidentally, I can't seem to erase it. Sometimes the zoom in works, other times not. Very frustrating.
The user interface is ugly- clearly designed for the iPhone (pre-retina,) and merely upscaled for the iPad- and it's also woefully behind the times in terms of how the modern iOS workflow goes. Emailing a PDF to a server instead of just opening in the app? No Dropbox or iCloud sync?
David Definitely Did it!
David came through after months of perseverance for you voice over artists out there one can actually email mp3's directly to the casting entity from rehearsal 2! ...and that is not all…it is an awesome tool for on camera audition preparation as well, beautifully facilitating the opportunity to hone one's listening skills while getting off book. I always get a kick out of walking across a studio lot to an audition with my iPhone held up to my ear seemingly I am chatting away when in fact I am listening to the other characters lines and speaking my own in turn.. relaxed focused and confident striding in to the audition! Nice going David H. Lawrence :)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 02, 2013
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 11.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sotto Voce FilmWorks, LLC
- © 2013 Sotto Voce Film+Works
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.