By Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for actors!
Be off-book, book more work!
Want to learn your lines? Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. Its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- NEW: Sync scripts between your devices
- NEW: Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- NEW: Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- NEW: add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- NEW: create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- NEW: group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- NEW: pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working Hollywood actor, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
Hey there, Rehearsal® Pros!
In this upgrade, we've given the Tint and Collate processes their own menu item, so now, you don't have to be preparing a script in the one-time Script Prep process, you can tint your pages and collate your scripts any time you like.
We've squashed a few nasty bugs that some users experienced around missing markup and offline access to scripts local to your device.
We also cleaned up some small raggedy edges in the app.
And we're always working on other improvements. Do us a favor, and view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu. Also, send us a note via help.rehearsal.pro if you find something we can fix.
Also, you might want to set your preference for updates to Rehearsal® Pro to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
David H. Lawrence XVII
App crashes all the time making you permanently lose work!
This app crashes all the time especially in the editing phase. I would be cropping my ages and all of a sudden, then app would give an error message and the work was gone.
The work is gone permanently at this point and there is no way to go back and re-edit because you're only allowed to do that when you first upload your script (Why? I don't know!).
This expensive app needs A LOT more work before it's sold to the public.
Using an iPad Pro. Just bought the app, and every attempt to crop a PDF causes a crash and loses all the edits. Have tried 4 times now. And every time, after the crash the script is aged with no crops, and I have to start all over again. Was hoping to memorize faster; instead spending all of my time with a faulty app.
As a student of David's I use this app ALL the time. It has worked well for me with no trouble at all, knock on wood.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 07, 2017
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 80.1 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- © 2009-2017 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.