Rehearsal® Pro is the #1 best-selling app for professional actors!
Want to learn your lines? Want to be off-book, and book more work? Grab Rehearsal® Pro now!
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. It, and its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- Sync scripts between your devices
- Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working actor just like you, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
Hey there, Pros! Here's what we've been working on for this update:
1. We had an issue that cropped up with Blackout mode not allowing you to peek at your lines. The horrors!! Fixed.
2. We added some fresh help videos in Help area. Enjoy learning more about Rehearsal® Pro!
And the usual nips here and tucks there to keep you running smoothly. Plus, we're always working on other improvements.
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're having difficulty, view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit:
...where we've got tutorials, how-to's, FAQ's, videos and more - as well as a Help Message form. Use that - we'll get right back to you.
Please set your preference for updates to your apps to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest Rehearsal® Pro! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
While you’re using the app, we wouldn’t ever want to interrupt your rehearsals by asking you to rate and review us. However, if you find Rehearsal® Pro useful in your acting practice, please take a moment to give us a nice rating and review in the App Store. It really helps. Thank you!
Enjoy! All of us here just shouted, "Break a leg!" (And for our Aussie actors, we all shouted "Chookas!")
David H. Lawrence XVII
Ratings and Reviews
I would’ve given this app 5 stars before they started using Adobe Scan to take pictures of scripts to scan them into the app. Before it was super easy since everything was in app. Now you have to switch apps to scan in scripts and the auto scanner doesn’t even capture the whole page most of the time. I also dislike all of the extra steps I have to take to scan in my scripts. It takes more time and is less efficient. I really want them to go back to scanning scripts in app and no longer use Adobe Scan. Otherwise, it’s a great app. You can record your lines, and it will cue them for you; or you can even memorize your lines peek-a-boo style. I want to keep on using it, but Adobe Scan is making me start to consider looking elsewhere.
Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, when we wrote our own code to allow users to scan scripts, we were limited in how small and compact we could make the images of the pages, and Adobe Scan does that magnificently. I'm not sure why you're having difficulty capturing the whole page - I've gotten nothing but good feedback on Adobe Scan and its capabilities. Let me know via the Help messaging system what exactly is happening for you, and I can see if there's something obvious I can assist you with. And thank you for the kind words about the rest of the app!
My favorite way to learn lines
I am the kid of two actors, and so the method of learning lines has been a discussion my entire life. This app is my favorite method I have ever found. The ability to hear my recording on a continual loop is the best line-drilling partner ever. The black-out-your-lines option is also one of my favorites. It also syncs w your devices, so I can learn lines on my iPad and then drill them while on my phone. The developer is really responsive too. I recommend it to all my friends.
We're all so happy you find Rehearsal® Pro useful! And coming from an acting family, you have standards that are a bit different from many of us, who have to constantly explain our life choices to our friends and relatives.
Thank you for giving Rehearsal® Pro a supporting role in your acting career.
What a valuable tool!
Last spring I had one week before a three week rehearsal to learn a huge play where I was never off stage and never stopped talking. It was called Uncanny Valley and ranged from intensely scientific monologues to wildly emotional ones. And I had to commute to Long Beach! I honestly don’t know how I could have done it without Rehearsal. So excited to now have the updated version of Pro and see where it takes me. Thanks again for creating this very valuable tool. :)
You are so welcome! Let us know if there's anything else we can do to support your acting career.
- Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- 98.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.