By Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A brand-new app, replacing the beloved Rehearsal 2, we present Rehearsal® Pro, the app for actors! Be off-book, book more work!
Want to learn your lines? Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. Its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is a brand new update that
- is extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- is intuitive and obvious: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- works with any iOS device, and syncs script markup between them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- NEW: Sync scripts between your devices
- NEW: Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- NEW: Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- NEW: add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- NEW: create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- NEW: group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- NEW: pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working Hollywood actor, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
What's New in Version 3.0.7
Hey there, you Rehearsal® Pro, you!
As promised, another weekly-or-so upgrade to refine our beloved app.
In this amazing upgrade, we took care of this stuff:
• That device-specific highlighting bug. We think we have it this time. Let us know.
• Markup will now be downloaded with the script from the cloud.
• Recording more than one scene quickly will now be smooth (and saved).
• When rotating all of your pages, we added a progress circle so you know what's happening.
• We updated the rotate function to save memory.
• If you try to delete scripts from the cloud when you have no internet connection, you'll be given a stern lecture.
• Scripts added via the camera and from cloud services will now be found under "Already Added Scripts".
There are some other cosmetic fixes as well. And we're working on other improvements.
Also, you might want to set your preference for updates to Rehearsal® Pro to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
David H. Lawrence XVII
The actors app
Great app made even better. I have been using Rehearsal 2 for quite sometime for memorizing lines and recording VO auditions it was great. Then David and the team came along and made it even better. The ability to stop and rewind to the spot that you said the wrong line is fantastic. And if you like to block out your text for learning lines even better. You can have multiple colored high lighted lines and it will only block out the color you choose. It is worth the price. So get it and make booking the gig even easier.
Awesome app. I am new to Rehearsal and wish i had been savvy to it earlier. No more wasted time sitting in traffic! Now I can really work. It's simple with thorough tutorials and support. Most useful.
I purchased Rehearsal Pro for my iPhone and it either locks up or simply crashes. There is a help form but that locks up too. Their website seems to have no way to contact them for help. I'm very disappointed given all the raves about this app. For me and my iPhone, it is useless. Especially with no way to get support.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 04, 2016
- Version: 3.0.7
- Size: 61.5 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- © 2009-2016 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.