Rehearsal® Pro is the #1 best-selling app for professional actors!
Want to learn your lines? Want to be off-book, and book more work? Grab Rehearsal® Pro now!
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. It, and its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- Sync scripts between your devices
- Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working actor just like you, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
Hey there, Pros! Here's what we've been working on for this update:
1. Thanks to the help of one of your fellow users, Mr. Curt Johnson, we were made aware of a nasty bug that would make render comments as blank when syncing. We finally tackled that issue and wrestled it into submission. Thank you, Curt!
2. We simplified the deletion of scripts, and the display of script names, along with a couple of minor cosmetic touch ups to the My Scripts screen.
3. You'll notice a new main menu layout, in advance of a really awesome announcement we'll be making soon, that will change the way you use Rehearsal® Pro. Stay tuned for that!
And we stay on top of the usual nips here and tucks there to keep you running smoothly. Plus, we're always working on other improvements.
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're having difficulty, don't leave us a bad review. Instead, view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit:
...where we've got tutorials, how-to's, FAQ's, videos and more - as well as a Help Message form. Use that - we'll get right back to you.
Please set your preference for updates to your apps to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest Rehearsal® Pro! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
While you’re using the app, we wouldn’t ever want to interrupt your rehearsals by asking you to rate and review us. However, if you find Rehearsal® Pro useful in your acting practice, please take a moment to give us a nice rating and review in the App Store. It really helps. Thank you!
Enjoy! All of us here just shouted, "Break a leg!"
David H. Lawrence XVII
Ratings and Reviews
Must have for actors!
This is the first ever review I’ve ever written for an app, but it deserves it. I use this for every audition I have where I need to memorize more than a few lines. It’s incredibly helpful. I was recording and playing back lines before I knew this existed, but this has made it soooo much easier! It’s hard to get people to run lines with you as much as you need to memorize things. This helps you get off book and I’ve even used it to help me with self tapes when I don’t have a reader! It’s a must have if you’re an actor! And if you have any problems, just write support; they’re very responsive! Thanks David for your brilliant mind, app, and everything you do to support actors!!
Developer Response ,
Sol...I just saw this (must have missed it when you posted it) - and I am so thrilled that you are finding Rehearsal® Pro so useful in your acting career! You're so welcome, and I so appreciate your kind words. Do let us know if we can help you in any way.
I would’ve given this app 5 stars before they started using Adobe Scan to take pictures of scripts to scan them into the app. Before it was super easy since everything was in app. Now you have to switch apps to scan in scripts and the auto scanner doesn’t even capture the whole page most of the time. I also dislike all of the extra steps I have to take to scan in my scripts. It takes more time and is less efficient. I really want them to go back to scanning scripts in app and no longer use Adobe Scan. Otherwise, it’s a great app. You can record your lines, and it will cue them for you; or you can even memorize your lines peek-a-boo style. I want to keep on using it, but Adobe Scan is making me start to consider looking elsewhere.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, when we wrote our own code to allow users to scan scripts, we were limited in how small and compact we could make the images of the pages, and Adobe Scan does that magnificently. I'm not sure why you're having difficulty capturing the whole page - I've gotten nothing but good feedback on Adobe Scan and its capabilities. Let me know via the Help messaging system what exactly is happening for you, and I can see if there's something obvious I can assist you with. And thank you for the kind words about the rest of the app!
OMG Rehearsal Pro, where have you been all my life?
I’ve been a professional actor for over 50 years. I HATE learning lines. I’m looking forward to the day when I can just insert a chip into my brain. Until then, this app is genius. I’ve always done the old cover-my-lines and then check-to-see-if-I-got-them-right method, then after that find a friend or neighbor to run them with me so i’m not thrown when a human voice gives me my cues. This app replaces all that and saves me from annoying people with my “please run lines with me” requests. There is a bit of a learning curve to find out to to upload and record but be patient. The result is well worth it. Happy customer!
Developer Response ,
JR...we've been right here, in Hollywood, waiting to run into you and to play a supporting role in your career. Glad you're finding Rehearsal® Pro so useful - do let us know if we can help you in any way at help.rehearsal.pro. Thank you for all your kind words!
- Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- 133.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.