Rehearsal® Pro is the #1 best-selling app for professional actors!
Want to learn your lines? Want to be off-book, and book more work? Grab Rehearsal® Pro now!
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. It, and its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- Sync scripts between your devices
- Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working actor just like you, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
Hey there, Pros! Here's what we've been working on for this update:
1. That new Setting for Rehearsal® Pro to lower the volume of the ADR beeps. It wasn't working correctly on all devices. Well, that wasn't acceptable, and it's been fixed.
And the usual nips here and tucks there to keep you running smoothly. Plus, we're always working on other improvements.
VERY IMPORTANT: if you're having difficulty, view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit:
...where we've got tutorials, how-to's, FAQ's, videos and more - as well as a Help Message form. Use that - we'll get right back to you.
Please set your preference for updates to your apps to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest Rehearsal® Pro! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
While you’re using the app, we wouldn’t ever want to interrupt your rehearsals by asking you to rate and review us. However, if you find Rehearsal® Pro useful in your acting practice, please take a moment to give us a nice rating and review in the App Store. It really helps. Thank you!
Enjoy! All of us here just shouted, "Break a leg!"
David H. Lawrence XVII
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed..hope this is fixed
Love the concept but it keeps on crashing! Which is ridiculous considering I had to pay 20 bucks for this app.
No iPad Pro 2018 resolution support
I don’t see how they have not updated the resolution for the iPad Pro 11”, no excuse at this point
Developer Response ,
I’m not sure what resolution you’re talking about, but because the app uses content supplied by the user, what you see in your scripts is limited by the resolution of the PDF involved, and that is entirely dependent on from where the sides are supplied (Final Draft, casting, etc). All of Rehearsal® Pro’s control elements are already optimized for all devices, including the new iPad Pro.
Here’s hoping that your acting career is not at all decided by the resolution of the PDFs you are viewing on any device, but rather how well you rehearse with those scripts.
Excellent Tool and Support
This is an excellent tool for all actors. I was having a little trouble with a bug where the recorded scene would not go to the page for the playback. The support team responded very quickly and was very helpful. I like the fact that they didn’t try blaming my iPad, what I might have been doing wrong, but just said try this. If you are finding this problem, don’t use the bookmark to go to the page you want to record, but rather scroll to it. They are working to fix it now and hopefully by the time you read this, it won’t be an issue. I’m just grateful that it’s $20 well spent.
Developer Response ,
You’re so very welcome!
And what we really appreciate is that you asked for help first (before leaving a review). It’s really gratifying to be able to help someone, but we can only do that if you ask.
Thank you for doing so!
And if you need help or support with your Rehearsal® Pro work, please visit help.rehearsal.pro.
- Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- 109 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.