By Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rehearsal® Pro is the app for actors!
Be off-book, book more work!
Want to learn your lines? Rehearsal® Pro is the app for that. Its predecessor, Rehearsal® 2, featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, LA Magazine and BACKSTAGE, became the entertainment industry standard for cast and crew to organize their scripts for auditions and working on set. Battle tested in Hollywood and around the world by professional actors and acting students.
And now, there's Rehearsal® Pro.
"I love this app! Rehearsal® lets me learn my lines in the car while I drive to work. It already saved my butt when I was thrown a major new dialogue scene 45 minutes before we started shooting it. I plugged the new scene into Rehearsal and I was off book by the time I got out of the make up chair." -Clark Gregg (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Desperate Housewives, New Adventures of Old Christine)
"I am very pleased with the results of using Rehearsal® so far. It is a powerful tool in preparing for auditions, or for days of work, especially when I am pressed for time. It is easy to use and I have no doubt that as it evolves, it will be a part of my work process for a long time." -John Carroll Lynch (Shutter Island, Dexter, The Drew Carey Show, Body of Proof)
Rehearsal® Pro is
- extremely easy to use, solid and reliable
- intuitive: it reminds you of what you do with physical scripts
- usable with any current iOS device, and syncs script markup between all of them
- costs one low price for unlimited usage
For actors from every walk of life and all areas of accomplishment:
- works with short audition sides, to feature length scripts
- easily handles physical scripts by bursting and scanning to PDF
- for every actor at any skill level, student, amateur or professional
- for every actor in every arena, from community theater, commercial, industrial, stage, web, VO, television, and film
- get help with on-board demo videos that show you how to do nearly everything
Manage your scripts easily:
- NEW: Sync scripts between your devices
- NEW: Manage scanned-in scripts for theater productions
- NEW: Rotate, crop, collate and tint your pages
- NEW: add physical scripts by snapping pictures of pages
- NEW: create bookmarks and easily jump to a particular page
- work with the same PDF and Word files you get on your computer
- easily break down your script into your scenes
- reading your script is a snap - just flick and scroll
Learn your lines quickly:
- highlight your lines and your scene partners' lines in vibrant colors
- record your lines and play them back, watching the script scroll by like a teleprompter
- quickly fast forward or rewind to pick up lines simply
- record unlimited versions of scenes, exploring your character and creating new reads
- automatically repeat your scene over and over until you know your lines cold
- NEW: group multi-scene auditions into one repeating scene
- NEW: pause recording and playback
- play peekaboo to memorize - reveal your lines in blackout mode
- quickly add beat marks to longer passages
Explore your characters
- easily create and review comments: text, audio, photo or video
- record different takes on lines, different looks for characters
- have all your choices at your fingertips for instant review
Special features just for voice talent
- audition for voiceover work from anywhere
- email in your auditions as MP3 files from anywhere to anyone
Everyone on the production team can use Rehearsal® Pro
- location scouts can create quick and easy reports
- makeup, wardrobe, set dressers: keep track of continuity and looks from scene to scene
- directors and cinematographers: plan shots and create on-the-fly storyboards
Rehearsal® Pro was created by a working Hollywood actor, David H. Lawrence XVII, best known as the creepy Eric Doyle, the Puppetmaster on NBC's Heroes.
What's New in Version 3.2.0
Hey there, Rehearsal® Pros!
In this upgrade, we've updated the way scenes are moved into a group - if the list of scenes is too long for the screen of your device, Rehearsal® Pro will now autoscroll the list of scenes when dragging a scene into the group. Nice.
Also, Rehearsal® Pro now properly respects PDF permissions, so if your PDF has any sort of passwords, you'll need to know them to be able to use them in the app.
We've upgraded your printing, with better quality, fixing a bug that sometimes caused a crash, usually on larger scripts, and we've added a print range feature for not just direct printing, but now also for emailing yourself a PDF.
We also cleaned up a bit of code that was causing crashes on larger scripts during the Crop and Tint operations.
Rehearsal® Pro now supports Dynamic Type, and your menus, list items and all other system-generated text will honor any changes in type size you select. This does not apply to any scripts, just to the app's display management.
The My Scenes list of scenes for each script used to annoyingly close automatically. We beat that bug into submission.
And now, when you open the app for the first time, we have a new spiffy screen that easily guides you through the permissions you need to give Rehearsal® Pro to work properly, like your Camera, Microphone, and a few others.
We've also spruced up the way the app handles scenes within scripts - we've got something on the way that's going to be just great.
And we're always working on other improvements. Do us a favor, and view the Help files (just tap on the Help button on the main menu), or visit help.rehearsal.pro if you need support.
Also, you might want to set your preference for updates to Rehearsal® Pro to be automatic. We want you to always have the latest and greatest! To do so, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store on your device. Under Automatic Downloads, enable Apps.
Enjoy! And...break a leg!
David H. Lawrence XVII
Best way to learn lines!
I used the older version of this app, and then somehow lost it from my phone when of course I got an audition. Trying to approximate the functionality of this app using a basic voice memo app made me realize just how awesome Rehearsal Pro is! I don't really use any of the frills - I don't make notes or add photos or video or anything - but I am totally reliant on the core functionality: highlighting my lines, recording the scenes, and then using the playback. I love that it automatically restarts so I can easily use this to learn lines while driving or doing dishes (where I wouldn't want to be messing with my phone every time I want to restart the scene). I also love that the page onscreen scrolls as the recorded scene plays, so I'm also developing a sense of where on the page (and which page) I'm at with each line. This makes it so much easier to know when to flip pages and (if necessary) be able to quickly glance at the right part of the script when I'm in an audition. Bottom line, I love this app and I use it every time I'm prepping a scene.
This app has been very helpful
I am a very busy actor, thank God, and use this app all the time. It has been incredibly helpful, not just to learn my lines quickly but to break down scripts and prepare the actual beats, objectives, and motivations behind the scene.
While I use it in my own way, it is flexible enough to be used any way you'd like. I LOVE the black out feature. And the multiple highlight colors. (I like to use them to break down sentences into verbs, objects, subjects, etc. but I'm nuts.)
It has helped deepen my work and allowed it in short periods of time. Well done.
App Creator Emailed me A Response After I Sent 1 AM Tech Query
The app is great, but I was having an issue saving my audio recording. I sent an email to their help desk at 1 AM and got a DETAILED response that completely solved the issue a 1/2 hour later from the founder of the app David Lawrence.
I ended up crushing my audition the next day as a result, and booked my first paid gig! The app is five stars without a doubt, but the customer service is undersold by a 5 star rating system. Genuinely cannot say enough nice things about these people.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 12, 2017
- Version: 3.2.0
- Size: 86.1 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
- © 2009-2017 Sotto Voce Filmworks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.