REI Co-op Guide to National Parks is your comprehensive guide to hiking and site seeing in our National Parks.
• Currently packing complete trail data and hike descriptions for many of your favorite National Parks, including life-list destinations like Yellowstone, Yosemite, Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Teton, Mount Rainier, Point Reyes, Rocky Mountain, Zion, Acadia and many more!
• Search for hikes using the map or a park's “best of” list curated through star rankings from the community.
• Never get lost again! See your live position on a terrain or satellite map and vertical profile
• No cell signal needed. The data is available offline, and your phone uses its built-in GPS to show your location.
• Plan the perfect trip for you, using our hike difficulty ratings, elevation profiles, star ratings, and informed insights on seasons, camping and lodging, guided tours, food and drink, and more.
• Traveling with kids? We have an expert-selected list of Family Friendly Hikes. Want to target the park’s most beautiful features? View our list of Gems.
• Other cool features: Create a to-do list, track your hikes, or send your exact location to help in case of emergency.
• The app is completely free--it’s our gift to you as part of the National Park Service's Centennial Celebration.
By using GPS, we can show your location on trails and vertical profiles. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Hello everyone, I'm Eric, your new Adventure Projects iOS Developer. I wanted to introduce myself with an app update. In this release, we're making sure you're up to date with the most recent search results and some stability fixes. I really look forward to serving you on behalf of REI's Adventure Projects.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't know what I'd do without it!
I hiked Acadia solo for the first time and read somewhere that I should download this app. I'm so glad I did! It works offline and has extremely detailed trails as well as recommendations and pictures. I got lost at one point and had no service in the park and the only way I got out of it and knew where I was because of this app. It also helped me navigate around the whole island since most of the island didn't have service and I couldn't use Google Maps. Definitely the best app to use for national parks!
A must have of visiting any major NPS park
I hate writing reviews, but I'm actually taking the time to write one for this app. Amazing, super intuitive, super easy navigation, and best of all everything is available offline!
This features even family friendly places specific to each park you're looking up!
If you're traveling to any of the major national parks like Yosemite or Grand Canyon, download this app!
Family Unfriendly section
For Zion National Park they offer a Family Friendly section. The number one suggestion is Angels Landing hike. A hike with multiple deaths including a 13 year old girl in 2018. The National Park Service lists this hike as one of the most strenuous and not for young children. I hike and camp with my kids every month and do long hikes with them. Whoever curates the REI family friendly section should be held liable when families use the app as a reference. The app says, “kids that reach the top will never forget the journey or the view”. That 13 year old girl who died doesn’t remember the view.
- Recreational Equipment, Inc
- 137.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Adventure Projects Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.