REI for iPad – Shop Outdoor Gear
By Recreational Equipment, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The REI shopping app is the easiest way to shop for what you need for your next outdoor adventure—even if you’re on the couch, iPad in hand, recovering from your last adventure. (We’ve been there.) The REI iPad app delivers quick access to a huge and inspiring selection of top-brand outdoor gear and apparel for camping, backpacking, cycling, climbing, skiing, fitness and more. With all that men’s, women’s, and kids’ clothing and gear at your fingertips, you can shop fast and get on with what’s important—creating outdoor memories with your family and friends.
From the app, you can:
• Use our streamlined checkout process to buy the gear and apparel you love in a snap. Pro tip: You can ship all items—even large outdoor gear like a kayak or tent—for FREE to any REI store.
• Save big on the best names in outdoor gear and apparel with REI Outlet. Save even bigger with Deal of the Day and get 50% or more in savings. Hurry! You snooze, you lose!
• Easily find all the specs and detailed product information you expect from REI.
• Read the helpful customer reviews you count on when choosing your gear.
• Enjoy large, crisp, product images and product videos. Zoom in so you can really check things out.
• Need it now? Instantly check in-store product inventory.
• Practice those map skills. Easily find the closest REI store and get directions.
• As usual, REI Members get more—yes, even from your iPad. We’ve made it simple to access your REI member number and dividend info.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
•Minor service layer enhancements
A little clunky
I have been an REI member forever, and shop there a lot. The app is beautiful for purchasing. Browsing - not so much. The multiple "filter" steps are inconvenient, and several of the filters available at the web site are not available in the app. I also cannot write a product review from the app - I have to use the web site. (Very weird: If I use the web site on my iPad, it will not let me even log into REI, so I still have to use a laptop to purchase or write a review in the web site.)
I do like the convenience of the "available in store" selection, as the app uses the GPS in my phone or iPad to tell me what is locally available. If they expanded the functionality to include that of the web site using a laptop, it would be complete.
The new update delivers a completely new app for the iPad. Much better visually and easier to use compared to using the iPhone app on a iPad. Easier to view item descriptions. Filer set-up easier to use probably because of the bigger screen. Well done.
New Udate Crashes Every Time
This used to be a great app: 5 stars easily, although a wish list would have been nice. But since the last update it crashes every time I try to navigate the left side menu. I can't even see the product I want to purchase, much less actually buy it. HEY REI! If I can't buy anything with your app, it's just taking up space on my iPad. I can easily fix that if you can't fix your app.
- Category: Shopping
- Updated: Apr 21, 2016
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Recreational Equipment, Inc
- © 2016 Recreational Equipment Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPad.