Remember the Kids: Avoid car heatstroke
By Imagine.ly LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Since 1998, a child has died every 10 days from being left in a hot car
Remember the Kids is an automatic no-hassle app to help you remember your child in the car seat and protect from automobile heat exhaustion or hyperthermia. Through your phone’s Bluetooth and/or Automatic Driving Detection, receive alerts when you arrive at your destination, providing you with more safety and security. There is no equipment to install or required changes to your daily routine. Simply install and open the app to immediately gain an additional measure of security that the health and future of your most treasured assets are protected.
* Works with just your phone, no additional equipment needed. Provides safety and security for yourself or caregiver.
* Alerts you when you arrive at your destination based on automatic driving detection and/or your car's bluetooth.
* Works automatically in the background. No hassle or need to remember to push a button for your drive.
How it Works
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life
* As long as the App is running (foreground or background), there is nothing else to do. It works automagically!
* When you reach a speed of 20 mph (customizable in Settings), the App will assume you’re driving and change to Driving mode.
* Once you stop moving for more than three minutes, the App will notify you with an iPhone alert asking “Did you Remember the Kids?”
* OPTIONAL: In Settings you can exclude the App from alerting on certain days of the week
* OPTIONAL: In Settings you can require an audio Bluetooth connection. This is useful if you are often in others’ cars and an alert is not relevant. Requiring Bluetooth will enforce the App to ONLY alert when connected to an audio Bluetooth device (such as your car’s built-in Bluetooth).
Learn more: www.rememberthekids.com
Who We Are
We are parents. The idea for this app was created from a rising need we’ve seen locally and in the news. We cannot protect our children from every danger in life, but we can do more to protect from something that is preventable, such as this. We are not a big corporation… we are parents who deeply care about our kids and others' kids safety.
We will give 3% of all proceeds to other organizations to continue driving awareness.
What's New in Version 1.3
Minor improvements and bug fixes
Essential for parents
Ever end up driving somewhere and think "how did I get here?" Sometimes you're just not focused on the task at hand especially when it can be routine. This app can help with that!
It will remind you with 1 min of leaving your car with a loud noise and a message which of course can be annoying but ultimately is good to remind you. That prompt could make a world of difference.
Get the app!
Wonderful app to have! Must use
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 19, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Imagine.ly LLC
- © 2014 Imagine.ly LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.