Remembering the Kanji
By Mirai Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Remembering the Kanji" (Official flashcard and review app for the Heisig method) is a kanji learning App to complement the bestselling kanji books “Remembering the Kanji” (Volumes I, II & III), by Dr. James W. Heisig.
* Now updated for Edition 6 of Volume I.
For over 40 years, users have benefited from the highly effective Heisig Method for learning Japanese kanji. With this sole official “Remembering the Kanji” app, you now have review slides and flashcards for over 3,000 kanji available on your mobile device! This App is available only on the App Store!
Reviews for the Heisig Method:
***** “Fastest way to learn all 2000” — L.S. (Texas)
***** “A great gem in kanji learning” — Z.N.
***** “Fantastic for achieving literacy” — S.C. (Michigan)
***** “It's actually fun! And ‘fun’ matters!” — F.T.
***** “I'd recommend this for serious learners of Japanese” — E.H. (Illinois)
What is special about this App?
- It is portable, allowing for review anywhere, anytime, without the need for an internet connection.
- It is the first and only authorized "Remembering the Kanji" App.
- It is customizable to your needs and preferences.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It is reasonably priced.
What this great App can help you with:
- Creating your own study lists and generating flashcards for you to review what you have learned — You’ll love the flashcards function!
- Saving notes for your own imaginative mnemonic stories for each kanji in "Remembering the Kanji" Volume I. Whenever you need to jog your memory to recall the story behind a kanji — refer to the App!
- Learning the stroke order of each and every kanji with fantastic animated diagrams!
- Practicing drawing each kanji with your finger on screen, and comparing your result with a written form of the kanji.
- Learning the readings (pronunciations) of each and every kanji in "Remembering the Kanji". Also, learn the readings of kanji combination words (jukugo).
- Reviewing each lesson for Volumes I, II & III of the "Remembering the Kanji" books with easy-to-use review slides.
- Looking up the meaning of primitive elements quickly.
- Looking up kanji by stroke number.
- Searching for key words and finding the kanji you want in an instant.
Take your kanji knowledge to the next level with this convenient and easy-to-use App!
Kanji data is Copyright © 2013 James W. Heisig
KanjiVG data is Copyright © 2013 Ulrich Apel
What's New in Version 3.5
- Fixed database migration bugs
- Enabled viewing user data files via iTunes App File Sharing
- Enabled backing up user's Study Lists and Bookmarks files via email
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter any problem! Thank you for your continuous support!
– Mirai Team
Great for some, frustrating for me.
If you are using the book this is a great companion app as long as you don't care at all about spaced repetition. However if you are like me, and don't want to waste time studying things you don't need to study, and require the efficiency of SRS, than this app is a little bit of a let down. Hopefully they add SRS for both writing and reading in the future. If they do it will be the perfect companion app, but till then I'm not using it. But again, if you don't care about SRS I think you will enjoy this app very much. Give it a shot.
Missing crucial SRS system
Review is a critical feature of the Remembering the Kanji method. When I purchased it, I just assumed it had an SRS system built in. It doesn't. This app is relegated to a reference only, of which there are many. Without SRS review, it's incomplete.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MIRAI INTERNASIONAL INDONESIA, PT
- © PT Mirai Internasional Indonesia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.