Remembering the Kanji
By Mirai App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Remembering the Kanji" (Official flashcard and review app for the Heisig method) is a kanji learning App to complement the bestselling kanji books “Remembering the Kanji” (Volumes I, II & III), by Dr. James W. Heisig.
* Now updated for Edition 6 of Volume I.
For over 40 years, users have benefited from the highly effective Heisig Method for learning Japanese kanji. With this sole official “Remembering the Kanji” app, you now have review slides and flashcards for over 3,000 kanji available on your mobile device! This App is available only on the App Store!
Reviews for the Heisig Method:
***** “Fastest way to learn all 2000” — L.S. (Texas)
***** “A great gem in kanji learning” — Z.N.
***** “Fantastic for achieving literacy” — S.C. (Michigan)
***** “It's actually fun! And ‘fun’ matters!” — F.T.
***** “I'd recommend this for serious learners of Japanese” — E.H. (Illinois)
What is special about this App?
- It is portable, allowing for review anywhere, anytime, without the need for an internet connection.
- It is the first and only authorized "Remembering the Kanji" App, with more features than any online review applications.
- It is customizable to your needs and preferences.
- It has an easy-to-use interface.
- It is reasonably priced.
- There are planned free upgrades for multiple languages.
What this great App can help you with:
- Creating your own study lists and generating flashcards for you to review what you have learned — You’ll love the flashcards function!
- Saving notes for your own imaginative mnemonic stories for each kanji in "Remembering the Kanji" Volume I. Whenever you need to jog your memory to recall the story behind a kanji — refer to the App!
- Learning the stroke order of each and every kanji with fantastic animated diagrams!
- Practicing drawing each kanji with your finger on screen, and comparing your result with a written form of the kanji.
- Learning the readings (pronunciations) of each and every kanji in "Remembering the Kanji". Also, learn the readings of kanji combination words (jukugo).
- Reviewing each lesson for Volumes I, II & III of the "Remembering the Kanji" books with easy-to-use review slides.
- Looking up the meaning of primitive elements quickly.
- Looking up kanji by stroke number.
- Searching for key words and finding the kanji you want in an instant.
Take your kanji knowledge to the next level with this convenient and easy-to-use App!
Kanji data is Copyright © 2013 James W. Heisig
KanjiVG data is Copyright © 2013 Ulrich Apel
What's New in Version 3.2
What's New in Version 3.2
- Fixed crashes in Writing Practice
- Other bugfixes
Thank you for your patience! We will continue to update and improve this app, but we are a small team with limited resources, so please forgive us for being slow. Please send feedback and suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Really well designed app!
I've been skeptical about the Heisig keyword method, but finally decided to give it a try. This app complements the book perfectly! I like that I can add my own stories directly, the production/drawing functionality is absolutely wonderful. You can switch between the 5th and 6th editions of the book. Well done.
Great but occasional missing kanji
I really like this app but sometimes the lessons skip kanji learned in the book which is very annoying. The app lessons don't perfectly correspond to the book order. It would also be great to have some kind of visual counter to demonstrate percentage progress with the kanji to motivate learning.
It has the primitives for all of the kanji. The flash cards and study list option is fantastic for reinforcing and retention. Great app - would use again. 11/10
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 03, 2014
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 16.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MIRAI INTERNASIONAL INDONESIA, PT
- © PT Mirai Internasional Indonesia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.