Remind Me Later
By Brian Dunagan
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
★★★ 70,000 downloads! Top 40 Free App! Top 5 Free App in Productivity! ★★★
Remind Me Later adds events to iCal in two clicks. Type “Buy groceries at 4pm tomorrow”, and it will add “Buy groceries” to iCal at 4pm tomorrow.
✓ Instant events, in two clicks: Click on the menu bar. Type in a reminder. Click “Add Event”. Done.
✓ Just type: Remind Me Later figures out what you mean. Naturally.
✓ Seamless iCal integration: Add a reminder, and it shows up instantly in iCal.
✓ Sync to your iPhone with iCloud: Save a reminder. See it on your iPhone, courtesy of iCloud.
● Lifehacker: If you're an iCal user of any kind, Remind Me Later is an app you should download.
● Huffington Post: Remind Me Later is the perfect visual interrupter, making sure you do what you need to do, when you need to do it.
● GQ: Simple, but time saving.
● New York Post: Remind Me Later is so intuitive.
● Email: Remind Me Later is the greatest little app I didn't know I needed! I would never have seen it coming and it has totally altered my workflow for the better.
● Email: You've changed the way I use iCal forever.
● Blog: It’s so simple, it works exactly as it should, and I use it every day. It’s brilliant. If somebody else wrote an app like this it would cost $10 in the app store.
● Twitter: The most useful new Mac app? Remind Me Later. It's a must-have.
Thanks to everyone who installed Remind Me Later! Don't hesitate to send feedback:
● email: email@example.com
● twitter: @_remindmelater_
What's New in Version 1.4.2
✓ Fixed iCloud support
Simple and configurable
Very simple handy tool.
Also has some useful preferences, like setting the default calendar. I have it set to go to a different default calendar than my iCal default calendar, so I use this "Remind Me Later" app to add to my "To Do" calendar. I prefer to put a short list of important projects/ tasks inside my iCal calendar as an event (with a different color) because they take time, I only want to list of few key things for the day, and I prefer that over the reminders list that can get too long anyway …
Other useful preferences: hot key, default event length, default alarm type and setting.
Useful but *very* slow
It’s great to be able to create events with fewer clicks, but it happens in slow motion with this little app. Whatever I type appears seconds later. It’s also silly that you can’t create an event simply by clicking on the icon. You click on the icon, which drops down a menu, and then you select “Remind Me Later”. Why add an extra step when the goal is to make everything simpler?
Best free alternative to Fantastical
I was really into the idea of Fantastical but at $50 it seemed a bit outrageous. This does exactly what I want it to do (add events to calendar without having ot open iCAl) quickly and reliably. The one feature I’d like to see added is the ability to switch calendars without opening preferences.