Remind: Safe Classroom Communication
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reach students and parents where they are. Remind is a messaging app that’s built for education—it’s free, safe, and easy to use.
* Send quick, simple messages to any device
* Keep your personal information private and access your message history any time
* Send messages to your entire class, smaller groups, or individuals
* Choose whether to receive messages and set your availability with office hours
* Personalize communication by attaching files, translating messages, and more
“Jessica D, a teacher in Louisiana, uses Remind daily to brief parents on whether their children did well in class and what their homework is for the night. She says the app has led more students to complete their homework and even credits it with improving scores on standardized tests. “The word I use is ‘transform,’ ” she says. “It transformed my classroom. And I think it made me a better teacher.” – Bloomberg Businessweek
“…Remind’s features have proved especially popular in low-income districts, where parent engagement is a key issue for teachers, and parents’ sometimes erratic work schedules can make it difficult to get in touch by phone.” – Buzzfeed
Link 1: Remind Web Site https://www.remind.com/
Link 2: Remind Features https://www.remind.com/features
Link 3: Remind Help Center https://help.remind.com/ (https://help.remind.com/hc/en-us)
What's New in Version 6.8
What we've been up to:
- Coordinate activities on the go! Any activities you create on web will appear in the app.
- We gave announcements a makeunder. You'll see a slimmer, more subtle version in your conversations.
- If you're a class owner, you now have the ability to see participant roles. (Bonus ability: You can also assign a role to anyone who doesn't have one.)
- Anyone who joins a class can go to class settings to view past announcements.
- If you need to, you can block users on Remind. Once someone's blocked, they won't be able to send you messages, join your classes, or add you to any classes.
Get help and say hi to our Support team at rmd.me/help
Makes communication a breeze
I found this app so easy to use. It really helped improve communication with parents. I could chose to respond or message a single parent, multiple parents or all parents which really helps with reminders and announcements. Today I discovered the event planner just in time to plan a swim party for my students and family. It is keeping track of my RSVP. Love it!
I may have missed this feature but would love to have it also track the donation of food items when we are doing parties and such. It does track money donations!
Changed my teaching style!
I absolutely love this app. I teach band and English. For band, I can schedule reminders a few days before each performance telling the kids report times and what they should wear. For English I can send the obvious test and quiz reminders, but I can also throw discussion questions in and send attachments for reading schedules. My home room kids get weekly calendars. I love that parents and students can text me and that I can send reminders to kids who have not turned in assignments individually. I appreciate that it protects personal information both ways.
Great for Clubs & Classes
I use Remind for both my after-school clubs and my classes. It's easy, and uses the platform most parents and students are likely to check the most often. I am thrilled at some of the new features, especially the ability to send a little longer message than before. It is also great for return communication with the message feature
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 11, 2016
- Version: 6.8
- Size: 37.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Remind101, Inc.
- © Remind
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.