Remind: Safe Classroom Communication
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remind offers teachers a free, safe and easy-to-use way to connect instantly with students and parents. Teachers can send or schedule reminders, motivational messages, photos or documents directly to students' and parents' phones. Interactions are safe because phone numbers are always kept private and messages are one-way only.
Remind provides students and parents an easier way to stay informed outside of the classroom. Students and parents can download the app and opt-in to receive messages faster with push notifications, so they never miss a beat!
Teachers, students and parents can all use Remind today, for free. Save time, engage students and involve parents with Remind. Try it today!
What's New in Version 4.0.4
Bug fixes! We’ve fixed a few issues related to sending messages and making it easier to click links in your feed.
Our new app is designed for teachers, students and parents to help them connect faster and easier from their iPhone or iPad. Students and parents can now enjoy a rich view of all their classes and message history, with more control over how they'd like to receive messages.
- Smoother sign up: Teachers can now easily send messages and subscribe to classes from the same Remind account. Students and parents will be able to merge accounts without losing any message history. Users can also streamline log in or account creation by using their Google credentials.
- Fill classes quickly: Our new and improved Join Pages offer a faster way for teachers to connect students and parents. New invite tools let teachers easily add students and parents, while subscribers now have a simple way to search and join the right classes.
- Receive feedback on Attach messages: Now teachers can view Attach receipts to learn which of their subscribers have viewed the photos, documents or presentations they've sent to their classes.
- Manage your messages: Download the app and opt-in to receive your messages faster with push notifications. With our improved account settings, students and parents can also choose to receive email and SMS alerts.
- Parental notification for students under 13: With improved privacy flows for students under 13, parents are now notified when their child signs up for Remind.
Excellent but for Grammar and Replying
Am VERY pleased with this App and would give it 4.5 stars if I could. I use it to communicate with both my Advanced and Beginning Theatre classes. And the recent upgrade to allow specific people from the class to be contacted is great because my classes are often broken up into casts (ie: small working groups) who have different rehearsal times or info needed. // My two sole "gripes" are that each and every single student and parent has to sign up individually. Thus, a very good chunk of class time has been taken up to be able to check that each student has done so. Our students are rather apathetic to responsibility for communication when it comes to school. And certainly take even longer to tell their parents to get signed up. I'd appreciate the option to sign people up myself and have them Unsubscribe if they choose. Yes, I can see how spammers could take advantage of this. But I'm not thinking like a spammer; I'm thinking like a teenager's teacher! :-) 2nd, I, too, wish for 172 characters instead of a Tweet in order to be able to use correct GRAMMAR. As an educator, it absolutely cringe when substituting "u" for "you" when communicating with my students.
I use this to send out reminder messages to groups of people. Easy to sign people up, easy to use when on the go. Desktop version has a few other features, like cut and paste, but don't expect people to be able to text you back with this program, it is strictly one way communication.
I set up one class for my students, one for parents and one for parents who only speak Spanish. I tell the parents when tests are coming, when to expect progress reports, and the kids I blast pretty much daily reminders. It helps get homework in and fewer phone calls.
I also have a few other lists for some other organizations I run.
This is one of the best teaching tools I've used in my 22 years of teaching. It's a great school-home communication tool. I use it to remind parents when homework is due, upcoming tests, scheduled parent-teacher conference reminders, days off, and many other important items that are sent home on notes that are usually not seen. Parents really appreciate it and I've had only positive feedback about using it.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 10, 2014
- Version: 4.0.4
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Remind101, Inc.
- © remind
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.