Remixlive - Remix loops with pads
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The essential app for instant remixing, powered by pro samples. Remix music with synced loops, sounds & FX.
"A very intuitive and valid way to make professional-sounding tracks on portable devices" - DJ Mag
"Standalone apps that deliver control and flexibility come seldomly, which is why Remixlive is a breath of fresh air" - DJTechTools
"I could probably keep a crowd happy for an hour just with the supplied Deep House samples" - DJ Worx
Mixvibes, the pioneer of digital DJing, introduces the perfect remix toolbox: lay down samples on a grid of pads and tweak them in seconds. Don't have any production hardware? Remixlive is all you need to turn ideas into high-quality tracks.
Want to create unique songs? Record live input through the device's microphone and capture any sound, voice or instrument. Fine-tune your samples like in a DAW production software by editing their length and envelope (ADSR). Play several samples per column in multiple mode to create rich and layered sounds.
Remixlive is optimized for live performance: change the tempo, adjust samples' tone or play them in reverse mode, all in real time!
/// PRO-SOUNDING SAMPLES
• Grid: 24 pads on iPhone, 48 on iPad.
• 48 samples per pack: beats, basslines, melodies, vocals and FX samples.
• 18 sample packs, ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep - and more to come.
• Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox and more to be added.
• Create new packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
• Colored pads: choose among 16 colors to customize your grid.
/// REMIX TOOLBOX
• Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, and many more.
• Control levels, filters, Mute and Solo on each channel.
• Professional-sounding three-band EQ on each channel (iPad only).
• Loop your track using the different beat-repeat pads, from 2 bars down to a single beat.
• Live BPM control (time stretching): change the tempo on the fly without changing the pitch.
• Ableton Link: sync Remixlive with Cross DJ Pro, any Link-compatible iOS apps or with Ableton Live.
• Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
• Trigger an entire line of samples at once with a simple swipe across the screen.
• Record your performance in high-quality AAC audio.
• Share your recordings via email & SoundCloud, or open them in other apps.
• Inter-App (node) & Audiobus (input master): send Remixlive's audio to other music apps.
/// EDIT SAMPLES
• Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse.
• New Retrigger mode: tap on a sample to replay it from the beginning.
• Import your own samples directly from your iTunes library (WAV, AAC, M4A, AIFF, 16/24 bits, 32 seconds max).
• Record any sound or voice through the device's mic or from any iOS-compatible microphone or sound card.
• Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
• Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
• Audio limiter: avoid saturation.
• Search all samples or browse samples by category: Packs, Loops, Sounds or User.
And, last but not least, the app is universal: buy In-App Purchases once and use them on both your iPad and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Fixes crashes on iPhone 7.
SAMPLE PACK EXPORT & IMPORT
- Export packs to Mac/PC, retrieve them through iTunes and open them in Remixlive for Mac/PC.
- Import packs created in Remixlive for Mac/PC and stored in iTunes. All grid sizes can be imported.
- Full-compatibility with iOS 10.
- Handles new user permission required by Apple Music: iOS 10 now requires your permission to let Remixlive access to your Media Library. You can grant it through the dialog box that will pop up after tapping on the Import samples section or going to Settings > Privacy > Media Library and toggle Remixlive.
Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
Crashes when importing my own sample packs
So stoked for this app that I made he mistake of buying all of the extras before finding that that app crashes every time I try to import a pack I made using the Remix live program on my PC. I didn't have the grid dimensions right at first, thought that would be the culprit, but nope. I have to uninstall/reinstall just to get the app to open. If I have to load all of my samples by hand on my devices I may as well use the launchpad app. Major bummer.
EDIT: updated the program on my PC to 1.31, still no joy :(
EDIT: I tried making a sample pack just using three tiny samples in the 8x6 grid (one instance each, no dupes). It loaded.
Guess I have to add samples a few at a time, not load big ones, and still have to reinstall the app when it crashes.
His was so close to being soooooo useful. Oh well, Mixvibes already has my money (looks like they are going to try to make me buy the PC app again even tho I just bought it a few weeks ago, too) so I'll probably check back someday but in the meantime it's back to the Launchpad, I got werk to do :-/
Launchpad knock off
Remixlive is a subpar app that clearly goes out of their way to deceive Novation Launchpad customers as well as customers shopping for a product that offers the product that Launchpad offers at a much better value. Even the logos are virtually identical. Due to vision impairment and mental disabilities, I recently made the mistake of purchasing Remixlive products under the assumption that I was making Launchpad purchases. I've used Launchpad for quite some time but the deceptive marketing of Remixlive makes me an easy target. So far I have not even received a reply from Apple. I feel extremely ripped off and angry at the way these circumstances came to be and have since been handed or rather ignored. Buyer beware.
It's really easy and fun to use. As it is, the samples are amazing and they're free, at that! You can even send the songs and beats you make to your email or sound cloud. Very wonderful for a free app, very good work. I won't be uninstalling this anytime soon.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 28, 2016
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 103 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: MIXVIBES
- © 2016 MIXVIBES
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Drum & BassFree
- Deep HouseFree
- Import / export$5.99
- Unlimited Record$3.99
- Advanced Sample Editing$3.99