Join many others who have already turned their iPhone or iPad into an ultimate remote control for their Mac, and loving it. Take full control over your Mac – use your iOS device as a trackpad and keyboard or launch any app from anywhere within your home.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
PREMIUM FEATURES SUBSCRIPTION
• Subscription is for 1 year, with 3 days of free trial
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
* Fix sending multimedia keys with modifiers, for example: Shift + Option + Volume Up/Down for fine volume adjustment
* Minor UI fixes and improvements
* Haptic feedback for scrolling
* Create control keypad from Apps actions menu
* Trying to solve issue with custom keypads disappearing after update
* More minor fixes and improvements
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.12 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
So far so good - quick response
I have to admit, I’m on a tight budget having to cut costs so I really can’t fork out the $10 right now, but I gotta say, even the free version is very useful. My son is learning how to stream and our computers are next to each other. Sometimes, I’m in another part of the house and he texts me that I left the volume on my Mac turned on which chimes when I get notifications which bother him on his streaming. Now, I don’t have to walk all the way over there and I can simply launch the app and hit mute. Works well and does have some other cool features in the free version. When I’m off of financial lockdown, I’ll get the full app. The developer is very quick to respond which is always important. I was using Remote Pac - another fantastic app - and asked about the mute capability and he quickly responded with this app. I really do like the ability of the other app. I just wish it could mute the sound from that app, but all is good. This works great and I’m happy. Thank you!!!
By the way, it’s always good to read everything when getting an app. Some devs are upfront about extra costs and some try to get sneaky about it. When they put it all in the descriptions, there’s no arguing with it. Hope all goes well, Thank you and Take Care.
Takes too long to try it
I used to have an app called Hippo Remote which worked really well. As it happens sometimes, Apple rolls out a new iOS and the apps you purchased cease to work if the developer does not update the app. So I tried this app. 1. The free version doesn’t let you do anything, it is really annoying, waste of time to install it. 2. I don’t like the yearly payment option where you can cancel after a month - typically you have to fill out a form with payment details (time consuming) + need to remember to cancel outstanding payments, prefer to pay when I need the product). There is no option to try the app for a little while and then pay if you find the app useful. So i decided to purchase the app to try it, to then discover that my MacMini cannot run the helper (you need OSX 10.9 min). True it is stated in the system requirements section but when you purchase the app through an iphone (it is an iphone app after all) you need to click to look for additional information, it is not that obvious. However, the developer suggested I get a refund, which I have done. I praise him for replying to user comments.
Developer Response ,
Hey, so lets disregard the part that app description clearly states that it requires Mac OS X 10.8 or above, and that the app is free... In case you have bought in app purchase to unlock app features, I suggest you get a refund, unfortunately I can't refund your time, but next time you might want to check the app description before buying something. Didn't want to sound like a jerk, but you clearly looking for someone to blame for something that isn't their fault, and I have enough of that in my life already...
by far the best remote app
This is by far the best remote app for my Mac I have ever used. It works extremely well and the developer is very active with updates and bug fixes (it’s rare there is a bug but when one does pop up it is fixed very quickly). The app is all around great, I mainly use it as an iTunes remote for when I’m using my Mac to watch movies on my tv but I’ve found it’s great for long downloads or installing new software because I can mirror my macs screen and control everything without having to get up. Definitely worth every penny.
I paid full price and this is my honest unbiased opinion.
After countless apps and time. Finally found an app that can wake my Mac from sleep plus a lot of either great features as a bonus. Please don’t do anything to change the way this app works in an update. It works great like it is and is literally the only app that works. I won’t be able to find another if it gets broken in an update.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 43.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2019 Evgeny Cherpak
- In-App Purchases
- Get Premium Features $9.99
- Get Premium Features - 1Y $6.99
- Get Premium Features - 1M $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.