Join many others who have already turned their iPhone or iPad into an ultimate remote control for their Mac, and loving it. Take full control over your Mac – use your iOS device as a trackpad and keyboard or launch any app from anywhere within your home.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
GET PREMIUM FEATURES
• The upgrade is 1 year long auto-renewable subscription that includes 7 days of free trial.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
* Siri shortcuts for System actions
* Siri shortcuts for App actions
* Display and keyboard brightness controls moved to Media tab
* Launchpad and Mission Control keys moved to Input tab
* Removed Open URL command from System tab - you can create custom pad instead, in Media tab
* Show spinner while waiting for AirPlay output sources
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.0 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Takes too long to try it
I used to have an app called Hippo Remote which worked really well. As it happens sometimes, Apple rolls out a new iOS and the apps you purchased cease to work if the developer does not update the app. So I tried this app. 1. The free version doesn’t let you do anything, it is really annoying, waste of time to install it. 2. I don’t like the yearly payment option where you can cancel after a month - typically you have to fill out a form with payment details (time consuming) + need to remember to cancel outstanding payments, prefer to pay when I need the product). There is no option to try the app for a little while and then pay if you find the app useful. So i decided to purchase the app to try it, to then discover that my MacMini cannot run the helper (you need OSX 10.9 min). True it is stated in the system requirements section but when you purchase the app through an iphone (it is an iphone app after all) you need to click to look for additional information, it is not that obvious. However, the developer suggested I get a refund, which I have done. I praise him for replying to user comments.
Hey, so lets disregard the part that app description clearly states that it requires Mac OS X 10.8 or above, and that the app is free... In case you have bought in app purchase to unlock app features, I suggest you get a refund, unfortunately I can't refund your time, but next time you might want to check the app description before buying something. Didn't want to sound like a jerk, but you clearly looking for someone to blame for something that isn't their fault, and I have enough of that in my life already...
This is an awesome app, makes my life easy. Only issue found was that there are too many different apps when you search this, i had the “lite version” and upgraded within the app, but it didn’t upgrade it to the regular app, it worked like the pro which is fine i think I’m just a little ocd about having the little red feather thing on my app at home screen. This literally has nothing to do with the app, i just wanted to throw it out there that it doesn’t update the app display on the home screen, so don’t upgrade within the app, just go back and search and buy the 4.99 version. Wish i could get a refund on the in app purchase but whatever. Serious though, this app is sick!
Hi, the icon should have been changed after upgrade. Please restart the app and see if it changes, if its not - pls contact me via email@example.com and lets see what's going on.
The app is cool and the concept is genius. The app performs flawlessly once you’ve actually made it through all the steps. My problem is the free version barley even gives you a taste. You can move the mouse but can’t click, you can pause but can’t play, and you can control the volume...that’s it. Don’t download unless you pay for the full version. You’ll waste your time. Sorry. Maybe give us more of a taste. For a second I thought to myself “I’m totally going to buy this app” but you didn’t give us enough leash to get drawn into buying it. Great app, horrible marketing.
Hi, you can use free trial for 7 days to test all the features in the app, and then cancel it, without paying anything.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 24.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cherpak Evgeny
- In-App Purchases
- Get Premium Features $9.99
- Get Premium Features - 1 year $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.