Turn your iPhone or iPad into the ultimate remote control for your Mac. Take full control over your Mac – use your iOS device as a trackpad and keyboard or launch any app from anywhere within your home.
Tired of sitting on the couch, having to handle keyboard and mouse on your lap to control your media center Mac? Use Remote Control on your iPhone as a trackpad and keyboard to comfortably browse on the big screen TV. Using AirPlay Mirroring and an Apple TV, your Mac could be located anywhere in your home. Simply select your Apple TV from the list of available AirPlay devices and control your Mac from the comfort of your couch or bed.
You can even start any app on your Mac, send your Mac to sleep, wake it up and perform many more useful actions to control your Mac remotely. All you need to do is download the Mac Helper application and connect your Mac and iOS device to the same WiFi. Remote Control will guide you through the simple setup process.
AT A GLANCE
- Control volume, playback and Airplay mirroring of your Mac;
- Use your iOS device as a Mac trackpad and keyboard;
- Launch and quit Apps on your Mac comfortably from your iOS device;
- Control any app on your Mac using its menu;
- Restart or shut down your Mac, change display brightness and many more useful actions;
- Enjoy the ease of use in a slick user interface you will love;
- Use the Personal Hotspot of your iOS device to control your Mac when you don’t have access to other networks;
- 3 steps, under 30 seconds super easy setup.
- Amazon Prime Video
- LIFEHACKER: "This iOS app lets me control nearly every aspect of my Mac from my iPhone or iPad"
- MACSTORIES: "Remote for Mac is perfect for controlling a Mac that serves as a media center"
- MACOBSERVER: "This setup gives me full control of my Mac in the palm of my hand from anywhere in my house"
- Mac with macOS 10.10 or above and free helper app installed;
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 or above;
- Shared wireless network connection between your computer and iOS device.
Download free helper app from https://cherpake.com/get
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me, please give the app a quick rating on the App Store.
* Adding Siri Shortcuts to menu commands
* Minor fixes and improvements
* Show custom actions under MORE tab
* Adding Siri Shortcuts for custom actions
# In addition to Apps, System, AirPlay controls and opening websites
# Siri Shortcuts all the things :)
# Requires macOS 10.10 or above and helper app ver. 9.9.0 or above
Ratings are like gold for indie developers like me.
Please take a moment to rate the app on the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for Musicians
I record in a home studio for various types of commission work but I almost always record everything myself. This is an amazing tool that will allow you to adjust anything in your DAW when recording. I mix right in front of my computer and record, on the opposite side of the room, with a mic and headphones. It's a really big pain, while tracking, to play/sing hear and check the reverb or compressor - get up - adjust - check again - adjust - check one last time... This is no bueno.
Now that I have this seamless easy to use app I tilt my computer monitor so I can see it from across the room and I use my iPhone to switch between this app and the Logic Remote app. It allows me to make adjustments without ever getting up from in front of my carefully positioned microphone. It allows for a more seamless workflow and it allows me to get more done faster.
I didn't even take the time to understand how it works I just opened it, tapped on my computer and kept working.
This developer knows what he's doing. Great job man. If you've read this far, just get it. You would probably be wasting you time if you didn't get it at this point. Trust me it's not worth tripping over that very expensive mic that your home studio cannot afford to replace.
This app + Logic Remote app = the best productivity tool for the solo home studio musician.
Developer Response ,
Best app to make your phone into a mouse.
I like to hook my MacBook up to my tv. I use Bluetooth mouses and such, but I also tend to lose the usb thing or break the mouse somehow. I’ve tried other apps to make my phone a mouse, and being cheap I used the free ones. They never work that well and don’t usually last long before I delete them. I came across this one and decided to try it out. It has far exceeded my expectations. There is a pop up keyboard, volume controls, video controls (including ones for Netflix, VLC, and other video watching platforms). It also has controls for the computer like screen brightness/sleep/shutdown. I highly recommend this app.
This is by far the best remote app for my Mac I have ever used. It works extremely well and the developer is very active with updates and bug fixes (it’s rare there is a bug but when one does pop up it is fixed very quickly). The app is all around great, I mainly use it as an iTunes remote for when I’m using my Mac to watch movies on my tv but I’ve found it’s great for long downloads or installing new software because I can mirror my macs screen and control everything without having to get up. Definitely worth every penny.
I paid full price and this is my honest unbiased opinion.
Developer Response ,
- Evgeny Cherpak
- 37 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Cherpak Evgeny
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.